Cambridge MA: MIT Swapfest 2017 Schedule - Electronics, Computers, Ham Radio and more.

Bostown

Low End Audio Enthusiast!
Subscriber
Disclaimer:
I have no affiliation with the event.. I'm just passing along the info. I typically attend as a "vendor" a couple of times during the season , and a couple of times as a patron so I can geek out on the oddities that folks bring. It's always a fun way to spend the 3rd Sunday of the month from April Through October, if for nothing else, just to socialize and snoop around for bits , pieces, parts and such.

MIT Swapfest June - October 2017 Schedule <--link to flyer

MIT Flea - May 2017.jpg

UPCOMING SWAP FEST DATES:
Sunday October 15, 2017 9am
***** This will be the last MIT Swap fest of 2017 ( It starts up again in April 2018)

Sunday June 18, 2017 (Father's Day)

** Saturday June 24 (not related to MIT Swapfest) -
"New England FrankenFest" Summer Meetup - Clinton MA <-link

Sunday July 16, 2017

Sunday August 20, 2017

Sunday September 17, 2017

Last edited:
I'll be there, with any luck. Weather is looking to be pretty nice, best I can tell. Should be interesting as always!
-Adam

They are always fun. I thought I would find a nuclear missile for sale one time :D
Haven't seen one of those there, but a guy shows up with a Gemini space capsule from time to time. ;) According to this Twitter post, the guy wants $65K for it, which is a bit more than I tend to bring with me to these shows.......... :rolleyes:
BUNj9trIAAAtlU3.jpg

BUMsfEhIUAAK32R.jpg

MIT was a bit slower than usual. Some attributed it to Graduations happening in the nearby area ( BU? ) , No complaint here.. my old core 2 duo based ac book computers found a home and I picked up some much needed accessory parts for some projects I'm working on. Conversations were equally valuable. Who knew that they there was still a modding community centered around the original X-Box unit? time to dig mine out and tinker around with my hardware hacked unit with the Xecuter 3 Mod-chip I installed well over a decade ago. overall this recent MIT flea gets a C+

Overall, it went pretty well for me. Sold the stuff I brought to sell, and did fairly well on it. No major finds for me this time around, but I picked up a few nice items here and there, including an old Toshiba Libretto palmtop and yet another Casio keyboard. As for the XBox, yep, I've seen them turned into MAME/MESS boxes, kinda like the RetroPi today. Dunno that I'd do that to ours, but it's an interesting idea regardless. :idea:
-Adam

MIT Swapfest Tomorrow September 17th . Check their site for the full details.

I was there, and did rather well. My 'big' find was a Scott 299 tube integrated amp, which should be nice if I can manage to fix it up. Also got a Pioneer PL-88FS front-loading turntable, a pair of Koss HV/X headphones, a Radio Shack metal detector, a Northgate Omni-Key 102 computer keyboard (nice click-y keys!), a Western Electric 1500D early touch-tone phone (ten buttons - no star or pound keys!), a Casio MT-205 keyboard, a Mac Mini, a LaCrosse Technologies radio-controlled wristwatch, a couple of sets of Acoustic Research speaker cable from the '60s, and various odds and ends. All in all, a great show.
-Adam

I was there, and did rather well. My 'big' find was a Scott 299 tube integrated amp, which should be nice if I can manage to fix it up. Also got a Pioneer PL-88FS front-loading turntable, a pair of Koss HV/X headphones, a Radio Shack metal detector, a Northgate Omni-Key 102 computer keyboard (nice click-y keys!), a Western Electric 1500D early touch-tone phone (ten buttons - no star or pound keys!), a Casio MT-205 keyboard, a Mac Mini, a LaCrosse Technologies radio-controlled wristwatch, a couple of sets of Acoustic Research speaker cable from the '60s, and various odds and ends. All in all, a great show.
-Adam

I'll be at the last event of the season next month. Sounds like you left with quite the haul. which is exactly why I'm glad I sat this one out. My time was better spent packing up some things I've sold and will be prepping for sale that have some pretty hefty price tags on them compared to what I would have brought to MIT. But next month , I'll bring a few low cost things to send off to new homes. It's always a fun time there. especially when I leave with less than I brought :)

I'll be at the last event of the season next month. Sounds like you left with quite the haul. which is exactly why I'm glad I sat this one out. My time was better spent packing up some things I've sold and will be prepping for sale that have some pretty hefty price tags on them compared to what I would have brought to MIT. But next month , I'll bring a few low cost things to send off to new homes. It's always a fun time there. especially when I leave with less than I brought :)
I was wondering why I didn't see you there. Yes, between this and the Kutztown show earlier this weekend, I spent and brought home more than I should've, but it made for a nice experience overall. Hopefully, I can find a way to get rid of some of it before too long.......... :rolleyes:
-Adam

Back
Top Bottom