Kutztown, PA Renningers/DVHRC Antq. Radio Swap Meet 9/15-16/2017

View attachment 1006396

Geiger counter on the x1 scale, pegged at 0.2 mR/hr. Thats piddly for dose rate but it climbs if you get it closer. Thats also not really the ideal detector for alpha, plus the glass is blocking much if it.

showing what it does with the glass out.

View attachment 1006395

"new" ammeter on the left, old voltmeter on the right.
Those meters look good,,, I'm going to have to concentrate on finding a pair that will fit...Or a smaller voltmeter...
I spent the day measuring OPTs,,, That big gray one on the PS chassis seems to be good for 2K/8R,,, not sure what it will be used for,, yet....

Last edited:
One of the things that got burned I felt a little sorry for. It was a shipping crate for a Philco console that had unfortunately been left out in the rain. It would have been a very cool thing to have if not for the fact it was trashed.
Yeah, some of the stuff that ends up in the bonfire looks like it doesn't belong there, that it wouldn't take too much work to fix it up. Fortunately, I saw at least one console cabinet (for an RCA 19K, apparently) get rescued from "Death Row", so there's that. I have a generic 1920s radio cabinet that I've been meaning to bring for the bonfire, but I have yet to unearth it from the garage. The chassis in it is in lousy shape, and probably wouldn't be anything special even if it was working. I was planning to repurpose the cabinet for my Atwater Kent 55C chassis, but found an actual Kiel table for it not too long afterwards.
-Adam

The September 2017 show was excellent !

The 2018 Kutztown, PA Renningers Antique Radio Meet schedule of shows is May 11-12, 2018 and September 21-22, 2018. Of course, exhibitors can set up from noon the Thursday before the Friday "opening" date listed. It is a long weekend for the exhibitors. For those folks who want to be there early, you must pre-arrange purchase of a table. Tables do sell out quickly. The folks who set this one up declared this Sept. event had the most exhibitor tables reserved ever. This latest show, the 37th event of its' kind at the same location, clearly demonstrated this is as much a HiFi show than an antique radio, vintage voltage expo event.

Yeah, some of the stuff that ends up in the bonfire looks like it doesn't belong there

My rather nice Karlson K15 cabinet came from that pile in the spring. No back, no driver, no grille cloth but the cabinet was super nice. I made a back, I bought grille cloth, and tcomisky gave me an ElectroVoice 15" driver to put in there. Now all it really needs is for me to finish that front room and hang a plate amp on the back to turn it into a sub. I need to put the cloth on too but I have it at least. No point installing it until its not just sitting in the garage.

Back
Top Bottom