Wow; Rolling Stones Magazine up for sale

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I remember the very beginnings of Rolling Stones. In San Fransisco circa 1970 it was sold on the street, mostly in the Haight-Ashbury district. The hippy types selling the magazine could also sell you a "lid" of pot. I was a Navy brat at the time living on Treasure Island with my Dad sailing off the coast of Vietnam. It was a great local news source, if you wanted to know about the latest exploits of the Greatful Dead, Hendricks, or Timothy Leary it was in the RS. Than it was moved to New York lost it's original identity, and finally got to big for it's britches.

Last edited:
There really isn't a need for RS anymore - even the "Top 100 xxx Of All Time" honors are kinda meaningless. A vestige of the Classic Rock era.

Rolling Stones lording over Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame has been a travesty. King Crimson no, Madonna yes.

stopped taking rolling stone mag serious when the likes of justin bieber made the front cover

stopped taking rolling stone mag serious when the likes of justin bieber made the front cover

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that most 25 and under music fans would say "Rolling what?" when you mentioned the magazine... and maga-what? when you say magazine!

Hope it shuts down. It won't be missed. Special shout-out to the NYT for continuing to maintain that the gang rape on broken glass remains "unproven" though Mr Haven Monahan (the fictional ringleader) remains, shall we say, MIA.

Not surprised. That publication, and magazines in general, aren't very relevant any longer.

Use to love RS.....Then left it for a period.....When I finally started to pay attention again it was a shell of it's former self. Nothing but a glamor/Fashion pile of Crappola ......Nothing stays the same forever ........

I got a sub with airline miles several years ago and barely read it. It's pretty much been dead to me for 30+ years...

Back
Top Bottom