Anyone Know What Model This Is?

personally I'd be more concerned with making the turntable stereo. Its a little less involved most of the time, also probably less expensive since you don't have to buy a multiplexer or dig into the tuner guts and find a donor for the ratio detector.

No responses yet to a couple of emails that included my phone number. It may already be sold and the listing just hasn't been pulled.

Doesn't look like it from the pics, but they aren't really distinct either. It looks more like an Oven clock/timer tho.

Larry;
Thanks!
I was having a difficult time seeing the control panel, the picture was so small I could not make out much detail. The one I pictured was from a 1946 Silvertone AM/SW/FM radio phono with wire recorder. The clock could be set to turn on the wire recorder and radio, record a program and shut it off in 15 minute increments. The FM front end on this one had a 4-gang tuning capacitor.
In a cabinet.jpg
Joe

Here's the response from the seller received this afternoon.

"Sorry something came up and we weren't able to contact the many people who replied. Due to overwhelming demand we have decided to offer the piece to the highest bidder. Please reply with highest you are willing to pay and we will contact you if you are the high bidder. The unit is in a one story house in Oak Lawn. It is quite heavy and will require two movers at buyers expense. We would need to arrange for pick up about a week in advance. We only accept money orders for payment. Looking forward to hearing from you."

Be careful with this one. I found the Craigslist listing. No address or phone number but a small map showing the area in which it is located. It's around 47th St. and Harlem Ave. in Chicago, about 2 miles north of Englewood. I wouldn't go there if the unit was free. Given the sellers change in terms, it might not even exist or it might be "hot". Oak Lawn (mentioned in the above post) is around 95th St., nowhere near the area of the map on the listing. Another red flag.

Yup. The next email could be along the lines of "Congratulations you're the highest bidder. Please send a money order for the agreed amount to this PO Box and in one week we'll contact you with pick up information." Yea right!

Wow, That's totally different than the response I got a week ago...
"The built in reel to reel is an ampex. A moving truck would be required to move it. (At your own expense) It is a heavy piece of furniture that functioned also as a dining room end table. I do believe it needs tubes and we may have some spare."

I'm pretty sure this guy had no idea the demand for a old stereo that was used as a 'dining room end table'. Once he found out what the demand was, he started to see dollar signs, sorry about that guys. I really wish I would have gone and got it, my wife is giving me shit as I type this! I guess we'll never know what this thing looked like from the back.
Paul

What ever happened to HONORABLE SELLERS!???????? You set a price and stick to it. Don't change the rules due to overwhelming response. Sell it to the 1st repsonder and get it over with, and send "sorry but it's already sold" to the rest. G.D. SHILL BASTARDS!

Back
Top Bottom