Night And Day Differences. Perhaps They Are Defined Within Context Of The System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know this argument. However, for this to have merit, you also have to have the same components that the designer used when designing and listening to the product being discussed. You need to have the same cabling as they use also. You will need to have access to equal level of AC purity. Then you have to have the same room and furnishing, and acoustic properties. You will also need to be of the same hearing ability, and have the same performance goals in mind.

If one of these parameters are not met, then all bets are off for you matching cables to what the product is wired with.

Regards
Mister Pig

No I was not referring to a controlled test, I was referring to the quality of your cables, you won't be able to appreciate it's full potential if at the end of the chain you have poor quality cables and connectors.

Thank you both. I'm simply keeping an open mind. I doubt very seriously that I could hear a difference in my rig between the sound of the high quality cables mentioned. However, my perspective comes from someone using really cheap cabling and thinking that installing something a bit better without spending a mint is reasonable, whether or not I think I hear a difference. I bet neither of you have returned to really cheap cables. You seem to be confirming what I am thinking makes sense for me, in my system, in my room.
The MITs, AQs and Kimbers are in a box. BJCs all around now.

Did you anwsered any of the questions I asked you??
I don't need to, and I also just got home from work, you know some people do that.
A member asked me to post what I'm using for IC, I simply posted the components and the chain of IC, nothing else.

If we follow the cable's logic and incremential gains every cables on the chain has to be as good as the other.

So cables inside your gears and how they are connected matter. Someone who truly beleive in cable upgrade should be informed on what's inside their turntable, dac, amplifier, speakers, etc. Are those cables soldered, twisted on a pole (as seen in vintage amp), crimped connectors, etc.

I know some brand gives you this kind of informations, like shindo

When wire is incased in boxes and depending on component design it has a lot of shielding. Do me a favor and do some reading on the McIntosh C100, for starters. You are also starting to generalize and hypothesizing,

I have to leave for work right now, my equipment list is there and as I said, start reading. The price of rice in China has nothing to do with a member asking me what I'm using and I post it.

You then went on a tangent, ASSuming you know all about my system how it's made and why I have it built up the way I have. You ASSumed my needs, what and why I buy something, my beliefs and even the price I might have paid or not.

I asked you to do some reading on my Preamp alone, and you didn't so again I asks you why not?

I don't need to, and I also just got home from work, you know some people do that.
A member asked me to post what I'm using for IC, I simply posted the components and the chain of IC, nothing else.

You then went on a tangent, ASSuming you know all about my system how it's made and why I have it built up the way I have. You ASSumed my needs, what and why I buy something, my beliefs and even the price I might have paid or not.

I asked you to do some reading on my Preamp alone, and you didn't so again I asks you why not?

Why do you always have to be rude and act like that? I think you need love!

Even if you're rude I'll love you anyway. Thanks for pointing me out that I annoyed you, I guess it'll happen again and I do apologize in advance.

Cheers!

Well heck, I have 4 different types of power cords. I'll do some of my own evaluations when it's quiet around here. One so fat it hardly bends.

Why do you always have to be rude and act like that? I think you need love!

Even if you're rude I'll love you anyway. Thanks for pointing me out that I annoyed you, I guess it'll happen again and I do apologize in advance.

Cheers!
I am hardly always rude, but you really have to look at what your doing in threads like this and how you come at people, maybe that ruddiness you feel is justified.

Let me ask you something, have you ever seen me post in the Pioneer sub-forum? Then ask yourself why.

Last edited:
You thinking of Toslink. In the USB cable and Coax cable it looks just like....

I and O s

All sequential at just the right speed.

You definitely ask the right man. I'm going to think about this for awhile.

:idea:
The wave propagation in a digital cable is like ultra-fast Morse Code for want of a better analogy.

Last edited:
I am hardly always rude, but you really have to look at what your doing in threads like this and how you come at people, maybe that ruddiness is justified.

Let me ask you something, have you ever seen me post in the Pioneer sub-forum? Then ask yourself why.

Tss tsss :hug::hug:

Some days things just don't sound right. A week ago I was hearing a bass suckout. Nothing had changed but everything I played lacked bass. Rather than trying to "fix" it I shut off the system, came back the next day and things were normal again.

Change in barometric pressure? Changes in barometric pressure affect the density of the air and the density of a medium affects the speed of the sound. Speed has an effect on both wavelength and frequency. Maybe at certain pressures, you are in a "bass lull."

In fact, I don't ever remember barometric pressure being discussed in any type of audio/speaker testing.

Change in barometric pressure? Changes in barometric pressure affect the density of the air and the density of a medium affects the speed of the sound. Speed has an effect on both wavelength and frequency. Maybe at certain pressures, you are in a "bass lull."

Got the similar situation when doing room measurements (bass) : humid days gave me different results than dry days.

Yes I know this argument. However, for this to have merit, you also have to have the same components that the designer used when designing and listening to the product being discussed. You need to have the same cabling as they use also. You will need to have access to equal level of AC purity. Then you have to have the same room and furnishing, and acoustic properties. You will also need to be of the same hearing ability, and have the same performance goals in mind.

If one of these parameters are not met, then all bets are off for you matching cables to what the product is wired with.

Regards
Mister Pig
You'd have to have the exact same mind as the designer, then too.

John Curl, Henry Kloss...they all hear the same because why ?

You'd have to have the exact same mind as the designer, then too.

John Curl, Henry Kloss...they all hear the same because why ?

Which is what I meant when I said

You will also need to be of the same hearing ability, and have the same performance goals in mind.

Regards
Mister Pig

Which is what I meant when I said

You will also need to be of the same hearing ability, and have the same performance goals in mind.

Regards
Mister Pig

And what I said is, you assume all minds work alike, or should work alike.

I disagree, but i think your cool.

@ Mr. Pig

Let me rephrase.

You're suggesting there is an absolute objective reality, a perception of which, could be attained.

Last edited:
I have seen many mention regarding our "ears".

I have said before, most all of our ears are constructed the same, it is our brains that make the difference!

Read this and report back!

I'm not kidding, read this book if you haven't and you will not hear music the same.

IMG_4988.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom