Heathkit speakers

chameloman72

I have first dibs on these! The guy says they're Heathkit speakers with Altec drivers!!:banana: He said there is no model number on them though? Any of you fellas know what might be in there??:scratch2:

Attachments

• heathkits.jpg
    heathkits.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 364
I believe Altec made several drivers for Heath or badged as Heath, so could be a number.

They look like a nice sounding speaker is certainly a possibility.

Heathkit....Hmmmmmm(could be Yummmmmm)

Howdy, chameloman.....I don't have direct experience, BUT.....

Heathkit stuff is good quality..........It can depend upon user asssembly skills, but I'll bet the innards are good stuff....

If the price is right, I would say.......JUMP!!!!.....willhowl:yes:

Those vary will could have altecs in them,interesting... HMMM.. There nice looking..

I know heathkit as-101 is a look a like Altec Valencia Speakers.

Look like AS-183's except i've never seen that style grill. If they're AS-183's, they have a crappy Utah coaxial in them and are worth little more than the value of the cabinets IMO.

Not familair with that style but - Heath-Kit, emphasis on Kit could have homemade cabinets and the drivers might have been bought for the size of cabinet.

Heathkit AS-101 have Altec drivers that are same as Valencia...

Look before leaping

Wrong shape for an AS101 (the AS101 is shorter and fatter, almost square on the front).

Regards,
Gordon.

Not familair with that style but - Heath-Kit, emphasis on Kit could have homemade cabinets and the drivers might have been bought for the size of cabinet.

Heathkit AS-101 have Altec drivers that are same as Valencia...

Look before leaping

Heathkit's speakers weren't as much of a "kit" as most of their products. The cabinets were pre-fabricated, and I think the crossovers might have been pre-built.

I bought a pair at an estate sale and they had altec's in them. Don't remember the models right now but big metal horns and a big cast frame woofer. All painted green.

I am aware of three Heath models that used Altec drivers, there may have been others. But in nearly 50 years of speakers, i know of only the HH-1-C Legato, AS-21 Legato jr(altec carmel brother), and the AS-101 (altec valencia brother) using Altec components.

Yea, not AS101's for sure. Looking at the grill cloth I kinda see a big woofer but no horns. If indeed Altec based, maybe 604's?
Keep us posted, could be interesting.

BillWojo

The first post is really old. The post today says the speakers have big horns and cast frame woofers.

Post some pics. Probably AS-101

Problem is he says the components were green.

The only one with Altec green components were the AS-21's

a853f474_vbattach61620.jpeg

AS-101 components were painted this wierd shade of gray that has just a hint of green to it:

6994-heathkit_as_101_aka__altec__lansing_valencia.jpg

1123094-heathkit-as101-with-free-sentry-100s-bonus.jpg

And the Legato used components painted a darker sort of charcoal gray:

542fb55f57ec92fb2bc074665c06aadc.jpg

Last edited:
Right on bowtie. And he said they have "A" woofer. So that leaves only the AS101.

Guess we will have to wait for some pics

The original post was from 2011 - and we never heard what they actually were ...
lets presume ALTEC - I like being an optimist!

Back
Top Bottom