MidCenturyModern For Sale thread

Like a bee to a flower, I spotted a garage sale that advertised Fiesta. I talked to the very nice lady running it, and she said she had a rainbow selection with a fair amount of vintage Fiesta, so I headed over.

I ended up with some nice luncheon plates, a cute teapot and teacups, three tall bowls, and seven soup plates that Fiesta, for some reason, calls deep plates. All in all, we got 37 pieces for $55, and it looks like 22 of them are vintage. Two of the fiesta red appear to be the original Uranium glaze, so I will be checking them with a 2x2 rad meter Monday night.

I was leaving work last Friday(Hospital Storeroom) and noticed outside by the dumpster a small round table with a bunch of other junk furniture to be tossed. I recognized the design and sure enough it was a Herman Miller Eames workplace table. I loaded it in the Honda sold it for 60 bucks and bought my department donuts.
Cheers,
Beer

Picked up a "doll table" at SA for $1.97.

Actually, it's a miniture of a Noguchi made by Herman Miller. measures about 6" across.

33772440581_bd156f210c_z.jpg

Wow, what a house! Sure hope the radiant heating in those slab floors works...otherwise, Brrrrrr.
Thanks for the tip!

Anyone here get the KLH20+ listed on CL for 375.00? It's already sold and it was not me. It was complete, looked dirty, but it would have been mine if I would spend more time at work goofing off. I need to get my priorities straight.
Beer

I just happens that a friend of mine picked up the KLH20+. He and his wife have a great MCM home and it looks great there.
849096-1727ec761031bc1c0ef4a15f57dc5648.jpg

This is the BEST art deco sale I have ever seen, and it is here in St. Louis!

These guys have been collecting for fifty years, and they are among the most highly recognized of art deco experts. They have published a book on just their collection, and are recognized worldwide as authorities on the subject. I wandered through their house one time, and was gobsmacked by their incredible and vast portfolio. This sale could last a month and it would be too short to take in everything.

https://www.estatesales.net/MO/Saint-Louis/63123/1665849

Back
Top Bottom