Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Twisten

Hello Audiokarma people. I remember growing up as a kid in Papua New Guinea in the mid 80's and listening to my Dads records on his Sansui turntable and AU-7900 amp. We didn't have TV back then, and my dad had quite the collection so this filled a lot of our free time. Some of the album art was fantastic and some very cheesy.

Anyway, nostalgia has led me to buy a Sansui AU-819, Sansui FR 1080 turntable to play on Celestion Ditton 25 speakers. I still have my dads old records but have begun adding to them.

I need to refurbish the AU-819, so if any of you can refer me on to someone in Melbourne, Australia, I'd be forever grateful.

I look forward to learning more about vintage hi-fi audio here. Cheers guys!

Welcome :)

There are a couple of guys here (farther & son) that do heaps of Sansui's.

In Sydney though, skippy124 and pete_mac. Should see signs of them in the Sansui threads here in the Sansui section.

Well worth sending to one of them if they have the time. They are very good and have done most Sansui's worth restoring.

Last edited:
G'day mate from another guy downunder in Sydney.

There another fellow from Melbourne on forum who has sansui in his username who may be able to help.

Welcome! I lived in Melbourne for about 7 months a few years ago. Loved it and really need to get back at some point. I hope you are able to find the help that you need.

In Sydney though, skippy124 and pete_mac. Should see signs of them in the Sansui threads here in the Sansui section.

Well worth sending to one of them if they have the time. They are very good and have done most Sansui's worth restoring.

Thank you! I'll search for these guys.

Back
Top Bottom