What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I don't have any of the individual R. Crumb card sets, unfortunately, but there is a great book combining the original artwork with biographies and a CD of material from all of the featured artists (which I do have! Pretty coolio)...

Was it the episode with John Tefteller about Paramount Records? If so, and you found it interesting, you might want to go back to the original two-part interview he did with John-- all about 78 hunting, heritage blues and jazz artists, and very expensive records! Also, if you haven't checked-out "Music from 100 Years Ago" with Brice Fuqua, it is an awesome podcast featuring music from 1900 to 1950 (usually more on the really old stuff though), and he's up to 500 or 600 episodes, something like that.

GJ
Yes it was that episode very interesting. Will look into the archives for the others. Thanks for the tip.

A lot of so called progressive rock is just what I think of as music for people trying to impress others that they in on something the other guy doesn't get...Discipline is funny, difficult, complicated, and also tuneful...a great album that needs no classification, or smug prog snob music critics to explain it to anyone..
Good to see you back in da' house!

5S5fU4u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom