Garrard SL95B

Also I looked at the manual trying to figure out how to change the stylus does the headshell cartridge mount slide off? How do I change the stylus once it comes in? Thanks

To change the stylus, just pull out (horizontally) the yellow plastic grip. The sled that holds the cartridge also slides out horizontally.

P.S. I think I want one more good British changer before I die, I know where a SL 95B is hanging out for not much money, and some barter might grease things along. It has just the cartridge I want fitted. And the good plinth. It begs me to get it running like it hasn't in years, playing music again on demand. I plan mainly on using it as a single play automatic but plan to have all spindles for some 3 stacks on rare occasions. Hope sometime in the next week or two to begin phase one (with apologies to my late lamented friend, Roger Miller of England Swings) Yes, the country singer and off beat humorist. It will live in Oak Ridge, TN (in my living room) in honor of favorite people. It will live again and sing. I've owned two like it, and they began life in Oak Ridge.

I bet this one hasn't been run in years either, I bought a Pioneer 8 track 3207 a pair on Magnavox S62 speakers at an Estate sale for $10 and since the turntable wouldn't start I got them to throw it in for free. I like tinkering with things and I am excited to get this table up and running. Now that I have it I wish it came with the wood Plinth, it is plastic unfortunately. I looked at some wood ones on ebay and also read in the manual that they use to come with a pattern for a cut out. I would love to get a copy of that pattern and maybe build a wood plinth. Good luck I love to haggle.

Well I finally heard music out of my turntable today, I have been cleaning what I can without taking it apart yet, I was hoping not too, but may have to since the auto play does not work yet. I got my new cartridges and put in the less expensive one to try it out, when I took the origin yellow Shure cartridge out I noticed it still has a needle but haven't tried it out yet. A lot of firsts I ended up buying a solder iron to resolder a cut rca output wire at the plug. While i was cleaning the mechanism trying to get auto play to work a small plastic piece fell out the bottom, I am not sure if it broke or came out, does anyone recognize it, it doesn't look brokern.

Attachments

• 20171008_154958.jpg
    20171008_154958.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20171008_154941.jpg
    20171008_154941.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 22
Not yet, I looked at the manual and didn't see that exact part. It doesn't look like it broke off of anything, I was hoping that someone might recognize it before I started taking it apart. The turntable is playing well, except for auto play feature.

Not yet, I looked at the manual and didn't see that exact part. It doesn't look like it broke off of anything, I was hoping that someone might recognize it before I started taking it apart. The turntable is playing well, except for auto play feature.
Just keep cleaning and Auto functions will eventually work. just got my SL95B working.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom