Your main system - Tubes, Solid State or both?

My main system consists of:

• Total voters
MX110Z pre and a 2125 amplifier.
They sound great together driving a pair of Monitor Audio MA 3 Series II speakers or the 4312A's

Last edited:
MC225 and MX110Z running ADS 910 speakers. I will be biamping with a 2100 eventually so all tube for now and a hybrid eventually. I used to run the 2100 with the MX110 but found the Mc225 and subbed it in. Both setups sound great. I am really looking forward to hearing the biamp when the 2100 is refurbished. Cheeers!
What kind of volume do you get with the 910s and MC225? Curious. Thanks, Tom

As of right now, I am all solid state. C32 feeding an MC2105. If I had the money, I would purchase a tube preamp, and run that into the 2105. I am not convinced it would sound better than the C32 however? My guitar rig is tube pre into a solid state power amp, a la Jerry Garcia style. This set up benefits guitar more so than a home stereo IMHO. But, I truly have not tried tubes in my stereo system, so I cannot make that claim with certainty.

I don't exactly fit with the choices given. I have a C41 pre pushing either a MC-2125 or a custom Dynamull-ST70 type tube amp. I have been switching back and forth between amps on a monthly basis. I have 2 other systems set up; study is an integrated with tuner and bedroom is a receiver.

I have a MA 6200 that I'm waiting to have restored before I'll be able to listen to it. I'm quite excited as I've never heard anything from McIntosh before. Speakers will either be Polk Monitor 7 or Genesis Physics Model 3.

All solid state, currently; C200 preamp with a pair of MC2300s. I still have a C33, in case I want tone controls, and a Juicy Music Blueberry, if I feel the need for tubes. So far, I have not.

Last edited:
I had a tube MC 275 VI but traded up for a MC452. It was the single biggest improvement of any one change in my system ever.
Pre is a C47 so I'm all solid state now.

All solid state, currently; C200 preamp with a pair of MC2300s. I still have a C33, in case I want tone controls, and a Juicy Music Blueberry, if I feel the need for tubes. So far, I have not.
You could always put the C33 in the Listen processor loop of the C200 to add its EQ ... should you need it.

Reactions: gmc
Main system - all SS.

Secondary system: Either MX110 (tube) or MX113 (SS) followed by either MC2505 (SS) or MC240 (tube). Excellent results from any combination of electronics - with the caveat that tuner section of the MX113 is a bit better that of the MX110, particularly on weak stations.

Back
Top Bottom