VTL 5.5 line stage preamp

KiM3Ce

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I'm getting ready to sell this. List price was $3,500 15 years ago. It does not have the optional phono stage but it does have the remote. How much should I ask?

I listed it on Audiogon with a BIN of $999 and it sold the first evening. I guess I should have asked for more!

I didn't think the market for high-end stereo preamps was so strong. I've owned it long enough that I got a lot of value from it. We live and learn...

VTL is a very reputable brand. I have a 2.5 w/phono and don't think I'd part with it.

The bad news is, I got my items confused. The $999 was the BIN for something else I listed; the good news is I got $1200 for the VTL. I was able to find the record and I paid $2034 in 2012. Five years of fine use for $834, I can live with that. Sorry for the confusion. Too much work, not enough sleep...

Congrats on finding a buyer that quickly...I guess $1200 was a decent price. I picked up the older TL2.5 with Mullard tubes for $150 a few months back, and it replaced my McIntosh C45, for now. The vocals are so sweet.

Back
Top Bottom