New England Fall FrankenFest Saturday September 30th is in Clinton (!)

I have a bunch of equipment I'd like to donate to Frank's cause. Is that acceptable? Some are projects but others are working. I'd also pay to have some pieces worked on and donate to the cause as well. Anyone game?
That is very generous of you. I'd suggest you list them on the BT thread and bring them to the event. You could set a price or do a silent auction.

I will not be able to make the event due to previous committments. (Annual Air Force Reunion in Ohio already booked and paid for). While I am not overjoyed about Ohio, the reunion is similar to AK gathering with a bunch of great people.
I would like to contribute the following:
If anyone buys one of Franks units that may need service and is in the NYC metro area, I will service the unit for free provided the person makes a donation to the "Frank Fund". I will leave the donation price open hoping the person will be generous. I specialize in Vintage solid state (Receivers, Amps, Reel to Reels, Cassette decks, Integrated amps, preamps, equalizers etc. I will not charge for any parts provided that the unit can be serviced within reason. A number of AK'ers have received the benefit of my technical skills and can attest to my capabilities.

I'll do my best to attend, though I am on-call for work. I missed the last Frankenfest. I don't believe I ever met The Man himself, but it is sad to hear of his passing and the silent auction to raise money is a good thing for his family.

I will not be able to make the event due to previous committments. (Annual Air Force Reunion in Ohio already booked and paid for). While I am not overjoyed about Ohio, the reunion is similar to AK gathering with a bunch of great people.
If anyone buys one of Franks units that may need service and is in the NYC metro area, I will service the unit for free provided the person makes a donation to the "Frank Fund". I will leave the donation price open hoping the person will be generous. I specialize in Vintage solid state (Receivers, Amps, Reel to Reels, Cassette decks, Integrated amps, preamps, equalizers etc. I will not charge for any parts provided that the unit can be serviced within reason. A number of AK'ers have received the benefit of my technical skills and can attest to my capabilities.
I'm one of the lucky ones to have Tom repair some pieces other tech's gave up on!
This is a great offer Tom!

Way to go TOM!

I am so sorry to hear this news. I've been at a loss for words for days about it. Frank was always such a warm and welcoming person. He will be missed by us all.

Way to go Brian for helping his family sort through all this. And to Tom for that generous offer on the repairs. The AK community shows their true colors again.

Extraordinarily generous of you, thanks for that offer. Sorry we won't be able to meet on the 30th (from another USAF Vet)...

I have Kenwood KR 9600 recapped ,a Marantz 2325 recapped , Fisher 800B early version ,all new caps and metalbone kit , wood case, Fisher 500C recapped an MB kit also. Phase Linear 400 white oak audio upgraded.dbx stuff, If interested or looking for something PM me . I'm coming to this fest and mostly will bring project units .
Glad you can make it!
FYI, this list should be posted on the Barter Town link with prices, per forum rules.
THANKS!

A Pony Express request... Is anyone coming to Clinton from the New Jersey area? I'm buying a Sansui tuner from an AKer in the Morristown, NJ area and am hoping that someone may be able to bring it. The seller would be happy to get it to you before Sept. 30. Thanks. --Dan

It appears that over the last week, Frank's charcoal grill has disappeared. If any one can bring a small grill of any kind, I will be grilling up burgers. We do have charcoal, but a small propane grill is fine. I have gas for it. Ping me if you can bring one this Saturday. Thanks!

I'm really looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Saturday....the more people the better!

Just by a show of hands, who's planning on attending at this point now that we're less than a week away? :thumbsup:

I just talked to Frank's friend Craig who is helping us to orchestrate this thing.

He said that the shop has a bit more space for us to display our stuff but if you can bring a table and extension cords (as usual) it would be a good idea.

Anyone have s grill they can bring along - contact Spikedart; our grill master.

Don't forget to bring food items - man can't live by tunes alone!

Only 3 days to go ‼️.

I will not be able to attend. It is my wife's birthday and we had plans in place already. I wish you all the best and am looking forward to seeing pics.

Already raised my hand in this thread, but I might as well do so again. ;) I'll hopefully be bringing a bunch of nice speakers with me, along with whatever else I can manage to fit in my "new" car. Should be nice (yet sad) to see the shop one last time.
-Adam

I'm in! I'm bringing Frank's Maggie 175 tube amp that I took home to test. It works just fine. It has been restored and upgraded with some nice components. Apparently Frank did this with help from an AKer but I'm not sure who that is. Anybody want to 'fess up?

Back
Top Bottom