My Marantz 2015 has died :-(

Again, thank you everyone for the responses! The community here is unbelievable!

Even without multimeter or ohmeter readings, I think I have isolated the problem to the power switch. On eiravd's suggestion I sprayed some contact cleaner on the switch, which at first offered only a very slight improvement. But after letting it sit for an hour or so I powered my unit on again, and behold! It lives again!

My questions now are: should I regard this as only a temporary fix? Will the problem likely recur, and should I expect to at some point replace the switch? Also, is there any reason to suspect that the KLH speakers I recently installed were somehow responsible for the power switch failure--or is it just a freak coincidence that my power woes cropped up more or less exactly at the same time as my new speaker connection?

Replace power switch if a suitable replacement can be found/adapted, apology, not familiar with the amp.
The spray is just a temp fix. If difficult to find a replacement then maybe consider stripping switch down and cleaning (if possible/practical).

Not connected to KLH speakers, assume it's a coincidence

Never spray the power switch with anything. You get sparks in there, and cleaning fluids are highly flammable.

Side note---
Considering your questionable apt. wiring.. could hang a strip outlet with a ground fault for you gear. if amp switch starts acting up could hit it again w/cleaner and get to stay on? then just use the power switch on/off.

Replace power switch if a suitable replacement can be found/adapted, apology, not familiar with the amp.
The spray is just a temp fix. If difficult to find a replacement then maybe consider stripping switch down and cleaning (if possible/practical).

Not connected to KLH speakers, assume it's a coincidence

Thanks for confirming. These were my hunches as well.

Side note---
Considering your questionable apt. wiring.. could hang a strip outlet with a ground fault for you gear. if amp switch starts acting up could hit it again w/cleaner and get to stay on? then just use the power switch on/off.

Good idea. I’ll keep this in mind for if/when the problem arises again.

Follow this link for a replacement power switch if needed:
https://irebuildmarantz.com/catalog...ducts_id=52&osCsid=angrqilmuto12milk83tjltlo7

I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you encounter any other issues with your Marantz, you really should look in the Marantz Audio forum. You can type your problem in the "Search" function while you are in the forum to find any thread speaking to your problem. If that doesn't help, then start a thread in that forum for the quickest response.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thanks for linking that replacement switch, and for directing me to the Marantz forum. I think I’m all sorted out for now, but if/when I need more help I’ll be sure to search there.

Worse case scenrio is $100 of another Marantz 2015 from ebay....

Or $60 for a spares and repairs one so you can replace the faulty parts.

Back
Top Bottom