SANSUII BA-3000 PROBLEMS

Good idea. I'm going back over to the shop to finish the F, G, H thing and then stop for the night. Maybe I can get up a bit earlier tomorr

I woke up again for another day of life in paradise. I ended up working late again I did the other test that you wanted and all was good. I then installed the #2-2508 and it appears to be working just fine unless I missed something. The voltages were as folllows. The big caps were +62. 6 VDC and -62.4 VDC. The B+- was +76.4 VDC and -76.4 VDC. The 65 volt section was +67.7 VDC on pin 3 and -62.5 VDC. The 35 volt section was +34.5 VDC and-34.2 VDC. After that test I just had to clean the shop and in particular the bench I am working on as it looks like I had taken a shovel and just stirred everything up. Now I can find things again.

Ready for the next tests. I have to mow all day tomorrow as I couldn't see a bear in the tall grass if he was there.

You must have other things going on so I am going over to my shop to work on some other items. i will check back later.

I'm here ... had stuff to do.... I'm a little concerned on 2508 #2 about the 5 volt imbalance between +/- 65... has this board had the full metal film resistor conversion ?

2508 #2
Will you verify the following:
TR-05 emitter
TR-10 collector
ZD-01 V drop

I want to see if the imbalance is on the board or getting lost externally

I'm here ... had stuff to do.... I'm a little concerned on 2508 #2 about the 5 volt imbalance between +/- 65... has this board had the full metal film resistor conversion ?

No, that is the next thing I was going to do if you were busy today is to get all the resistors on #1&#2-2508 boards changed over to MF resistors. I have 2 sets of the 2507 boards converted to the MF resistors but I have one more set to do the conversion to MF.

2508 #2
Will you verify the following:
TR-05 emitter
TR-10 collector
ZD-01 V drop

I want to see if the imbalance is on the board or getting lost externally

I too was wondering why the way higher voltage on the positive 65 volt side. I will go over to the shop now and check these out now.

The critical values are the voltage dividers...
R-01/02/08/09/25/26/27/30/31/32 these control ( kinda ) the reference levels for the transistors to do their thang!

The critical values are the voltage dividers...
R-01/02/08/09/25/26/27/30/31/32 these control ( kinda ) the reference levels for the transistors to do their thang!

Does it make sense for me to stop and at least change out these resisors for MF resistors if they are more important values?

A HAH so the reg board is balanced... So do we have another case of Pin ITIS or R 16 is FUNKY ?

Wait a sec... where are you measuring the - 65 on the 2512 ?

On the left side of the 2512 board just above where the right brick connects. In the manual where it show +- 60. I'm getting the plus side on pin 3 on the opposite side of the 2508 board.

That's the other end of the same trace......
So if the emitter/ collector are putting out the correct voltage...
Its that resistor R-16 or the pin ( female / male ) , cold solder joint / pin to 2512 or a stressed trace....
OR
You have the same goo on the female pin of #2508 #2

That's the other end of the same trace......
So if the emitter/ collector are putting out the correct voltage...
Its that resistor R-16 or the pin ( female / male ) , cold solder joint / pin to 2512 or a stressed trace....
OR
You have the same goo on the female pin of #2508 #2

I will go check it out right now.

Back
Top Bottom