Favorite Bourbon

How much did you pay. When I was working at a liquor store here in Elizabethtown people were paying stupid $$ for it and to me Weller 12 year its just as good. Pappy is the same mash bill as Weller . Just not the over-hyped ridiculous price. When people spend hundreds of $$ on a bottle of booze and then drink it they are literally pissing their $$$ away !!! There are too many great bourbons out there for under $50 !!!

How much did you pay. When I was working at a liquor store here in Elizabethtown people were paying stupid $$ for it and to me Weller 12 year its just as good. Pappy is the same mash bill as Weller . Just not the over-hyped ridiculous price. When people spend hundreds of $$ on a bottle of booze and then drink it they are literally pissing their $$$ away !!! There are too many great bourbons out there for under $50 !!!

Well....my wife (thanks honey) won it in an auction from some non- bourbon drinking/knowing individuals....I won't say what I got it for, but it was under $75......

When I was working at the Liquor store last year we had a bottle of 22 yr old Pappy come in on consignment. It sold for $1100 !!! Weller is almost unobtainium here also !!

When I was working at the Liquor store last year we had a bottle of 22 yr old Pappy come in on consignment. It sold for $1100 !!! Weller is almost unobtainium here also !!
I also have some Pappy 15. It's good. Honestly though give me Elmer T Lee, Buffalo Trace, Blantons.....well you see where I'm going.

Is Weller 12 commonly available in your area? Maybe I have to make a road trip.

Weller 12 hasn't been available in quite some time around these parts.

I've never even seen a bottle. Of course living in an extremely restrictive ABC state doesn't help with that.

Two additions to me. The Four Roses is abut 3 weeks old, the Knob Creek is 4 days old. Both are 100 proof and small batch. Both need some dilution before I can enjoy them. I'm just not that fond of high proof Bourbons.

Here I would have placed a picture but it seems that PhotoBucket has become a virus. I can't even get to my pictures.

And I now have Imgur, they can't spell. But I have sipped more:

ROsPpa1.jpg

Last edited:
Sipping some of the Four Roses, single barrel, barrel strength 100 proof this afternoon, before you judge read my signature (I'm just listening to The Transatlantic Story on CD, Bells right now). It is kicking my ass. I usually pour it 1:1 with water. Today I, mistakenly, poured 1:0.5 and every sip make me go, "Whooooo".

Retirement is fun except for the two Habitat for Humanity builds this week and one, two hour, physical therapy session. I'm whupped!

I found an image hosting site that isn't a virus, Photobucket became a virus.

Today, this is bliss, the Santana Abraxas, MOFI One Step and Chattanooga Whiskey Company 1816 (Bourbon) single cask.
SdVNdGP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom