What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

36898818303_35282d1506_b.jpg

Prime Time

Tony Orlando & Dawn

1974 Bell/CRC 1R1 6319 4-Track 3¾ IPS

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

"2001, A Space Odyssey" by the Philadelphia Orchestra, conducted by Eugene Ormandy , and The New York Philharmonic Orchestra, conducted by Leonard Bernstein.
Superbly recorded at 7 1/2 ips by Columbia Records
Anyone who has ever seen this film would appreciate the soundtrack.

upload_2017-10-12_0-58-42.png

That is one hell of a deck. Professional?

That remastered Sgt. Peppers, is it available anywhere?

Yes, it is a studio deck. At the price reel to reels are going for today a studio deck is not that much more. They are built like tanks and perform exceptionally well. They need to be set up right as most everything is adjustable and nothing is preset. Yeah, the Sgt. Pepper remaster was released this year and it is out there.

I think Duane was asking about Stoutblock’sSony 5003, notmy 1700;)

You’re right Skylab - I guess I was confused by his comment being right below your post instead of the post that showed the Sony up near the top of this page!

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
StereoTape / Magtec 7.5 ips 4-track reel to reel tape

View attachment 1026013

When did you get the 1700??? A great auto reverse deck. I’ve been told you can put the 2 track stack on this deck also? No auto reverse of course with the 2 track but makes for a versatile deck. You must have half a dozen or more decks now?

When did you get the 1700??? A great auto reverse deck. I’ve been told you can put the 2 track stack on this deck also? No auto reverse of course with the 2 track but makes for a versatile deck. You must have half a dozen or more decks now?

Yes indeed, I plan to get a 2242 headblock so that I can switch between 2-track and 4-track on the 1700. I don’t use auto-reverse that much. I love the 1700. But yes I have 8 decks, 5 of which are used very regularly. I play a lot of tapes!!!

Back
Top Bottom