Doo doo doo lookin' out my back door

Deer2.jpg

Between our house and the neighbors earlier this fall. There's a herd of five or six that hang out in our neighborhood eating everyone's garden and flowers.

Just went out to smoke a cigarette and three whitetails were grazing in my front yard.

They are nice to watch but they sure can be a pain to live with. We have a family of four (just across town from RichPA) that have taken up residence in our neighborhood. We have enjoyed watching the fawns grow up. Unfortunately they have gotten more out of our garden and flower beds than we have.

This year we also have a flock of 10 wild turkeys that frequent the back yard. Eight chicks and two roasters. They don’t seem to like the dog very much but they don’t seem to mind people getting within 25 feet or so from them. I’ll see if I can get a few pictures from my game camera.

In our town there are quite a few deer, but not enough to be a real problem. Over in Helena (Montana) they were, especially during the rut. There were reports of people being threatened by them, one kid delivering newspapers had to duck under a pickup to get away from an aggressive buck. The town finally had to have them hunted - bow hunting, that is. No rifles.

Pennsylvania rodents....

last season my kid got 4, 2 each weekend, within an hour of each other (don't fret, he had a passel of buck, doe and dmap tags) I told him it was not enough. when a state hands out bonus tags by the boxcar load, that is their implicit way of acknowledging we have a problem. just ask the auto insurers.

damn mt lions (which they also maintain don't exist because they wont cross the state line 50 miles away) aint eating them fast enuf.

arbys now offers venison sandwiches....sourced from new Zealand. wth.

Back
Top Bottom