WOW that was invigorating!

Hajidub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Usually on my way to work (15 mile trek to the flat, open plains of Colorado) I'm listening to morning radio to get the scoop on local news. Now, on my way home it's either jazz or heavy heavy metal, all dependent on my mood, how the work day went, stress. Part of my trip home involves a 6 mile straight away with very little traffic. The other day, heading home, window down I got the notion to just scream at the top of my lungs. I held the scream for a good 30 seconds and though my work day wasn't particularly stressful, afterwards I felt better than I have for a long time. I tried this a week later and WOW felt great, now I'm starting to believe this could become a weekly routine for me. I feel stress of being an adult, stress of life, stress of work just fade after belting these screams out. I now understand why some folks hit the gym to relieve stress or perform something high intensity; too cool.

Dude that came up with that therapy recently died. I've occasionally let loose with a profanity-laced tirade at some malfunctioning piece of junk and felt a whole lot better afterward so maybe there is something to it.

I used to apply that sort of therapy to myself when I was in my boat alone 10 miles out at sea. It is very freeing, but would be scary to others.

What I find amazing is Haji could maintain that for 30 seconds or more.
I don't have that kind of lung capacity anymore!

What I find amazing is Haji could maintain that for 30 seconds or more.
I don't have that kind of lung capacity anymore!

Yeah, it's truly probably 6 or 7 seconds, but while writing this thread I didn't want AK'ers to imagine me sounding like a Chihuahua.

Dude that came up with that therapy recently died. I've occasionally let loose with a profanity-laced tirade at some malfunctioning piece of junk and felt a whole lot better afterward so maybe there is something to it.

We're going to have to name it after you...primal m'f'ing Gadget therapy.

We see what you did there...still grabs from a YouTube Video.

The ____ links don't _____ work.

:D

I wasn't trying to be tricky... I'm a total Troglodyte. I don't have a clue how to link a youtube video. Now y'all know why I like the vintage equipment... just because I sometime can't even turn on the new-fangled devices.:)

I wasn't trying to be tricky... I'm a total Troglodyte. I don't have a clue how to link a youtube video. Now y'all know why I like the vintage equipment... just because I sometime can't even turn on the new-fangled devices.:)
Right you are then.

Bringing a video forward is easy once you practice it a couple of times.

When the video is playing on YouTube, go to the address bar at the top...left mouse click to highlight, right click to copy.

On AK, go to the post message box. Look at the tool bar at the top. You'll see one to the right of center. It looks like two old floppy disks, I guess it's segments of film strips. Click that. A box will come up, asking for a URL. Right click the mouse, paste there.

I'm not sure primal scream therapy works.

My original audiophile mentor, John H, had a habit of yelling and swearing while he was driving. He would really get worked up, turn red in the face and everything.

He wound up dying from a massive heart attack. RIP, John.

Some of his equipment found it's way to good homes, thanks to AK.

Right you are then.

Bringing a video forward is easy once you practice it a couple of times.

When the video is playing on YouTube, go to the address bar at the top...left mouse click to highlight, right click to copy.

On AK, go to the post message box. Look at the tool bar at the top. You'll see one to the right of center. It looks like two old floppy disks, I guess it's segments of film strips. Click that. A box will come up, asking for a URL. Right click the mouse, paste there.

Did I do it?

Edit: I did it, I did it.
Thanks!

Shout, shout let it all out! :)
Dallas' traffic will do that to ya!

Rome
Rome, I hear ya there!
Wife and I were down there last summer. Oh, the construction, Oh the traffic, Oh, the construction walls :eek: Oh, the humanity!!!

Back
Top Bottom