Please show your pics of tube amps

That ST-35, along with both of my Mark IIIs, came from the estate of Daniel von Recklinghausen, who worked for both H.H. Scott and KLH back in the day. He was the head of KLH's research & development department during the '70s, and I suspect that all three amps were part of said R&D department, likely used for testing purposes (said ST-35 had a power resistor across one set of its output terminals, as seen here). I bought all three amps at an antique radio swapmeet five years ago from his son, who also had numerous pieces of test equipment bearing a label reading "KLH R&D - A Division of Singer" (yes, the sewing machine company).
-Adam
Interesting history, thanks. Are any of these restored and in use? (I’m a ST-35 fan.)

Interesting history, thanks. Are any of these restored and in use? (I’m a ST-35 fan.)
All three have been recapped (well, the ST-35 still has its original can cap installed as of this writing, but I have a replacement can ready). The Mark IIIs were the heart of my main system until earlier this year, when I acquired a set of McIntosh's early solid-state components. I am toying with attempting a bi-amped setup using the Mark IIIs for the mids and highs (and the MC2505 for lows), but have yet to go through with it. The ST-35 was part of my office system for awhile, until I acquired a set of 4 ohm speakers (which the original Z-565 output transformers don't have a tap for), but it sees occasional use as part of my basement system. Here are some pictures of the three amps when I had them in regular service:
mainstereo_markiii.jpg

(apologies for the horrible quality; the image sensor in my digital camera was dying)

newofficestereo.jpg

My early edition 222D. Its all original except... the Siemens Selenium Bias Bridge had a low output which was not good for the bias on the output tubes. Therefore, it was replaced with a silicon rectifier bridge. No change was necessary for the resistors after it and it plays well.

Attachments

• My222D.jpg
    My222D.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom