Triamped Braun AG

nolasally

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
LV1020 powered monitors. These things are crazy well built. Unfortunately one speaker is sans amp. Needle in a haystack there. They use DIN for hookup. Can't even figure out how to test. Anyone have any experience with these. Oops like they came with stands similar to A/D/S 910.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 92
5 pin DIN to RCA cables are readily available, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, but yeah, about that amp. Assuming the system is triamped, I'd probably try to figure out the crossover frequencies and then convert both to passive speakers, using an external active crossover. But these may not be as rare as you think; I found several threads here and some mention on other sites with Google.

Hey Josh!
Those are amazing speakers. If you want to just get them working, find a pair of ADS L810 crossovers and plug the crossovers into the 12-pin jack that's inside the amp compartment. There are schematics available in German, but you should be able to decipher which pins are the driver inputs. The pins are numbered on the jack itself. Getting them connected passively will at least give you some sense of what they can do, and will help you determine if all the drivers are working.

As for the missing amp, you are most likely SOL. Those amps are ridiculously hard to come by. They are tri-amped speakers with active equalization and crossover built into the system. The power ratings are different for each driver (30w for tweeter, 45w for mid, and 60w for woofer...Something like that.). On top of that, the amps will most likely need to be recapped, with all the solder joints reflowed to make sure it's 100% working right. Your best bet would be to run them passively for now and maybe get an external active crossover and set of amps to run them properly.

^^^ I was hoping you had a spare amp for these lying around from previous threads I had read here??

From the pictures, am I seeing things, or are the surrounds messed up?

Some of these woofers used treated/coated foam surrounds, some used rubber. There's effectively no difference, so you can replace with either type.

^^^ I was hoping you had a spare amp for these lying around from previous threads I had read here??

I had two completed pair, and one amp with issues. But after a recap and a reflow, the amp is working again. I sold one pair and kept one for myself.

Attach these speakers to an Apt Holman preamp and possibly never need speakers (or amps) again.

Unfortunately one speaker is sans amp.

Good grief, how the heck does that happen? At least what remains appears to be in good original shape. The woofers are an easy fix and the mids/twtrs can be rebuilt like an ADS driver. The speakers are not without good value as they sit. The stands, coveted, mids/twtrs/wfrs, desired spares, remaining amp, another spare. I'd try to find a second amp of the same edition as the one in yours first. If you can't there would be a few current LV1020 owners you'd make happy.

Well the seller said his dad was a fixer and most likely pulled amp for repair. He said he will look for it in storage?? Fingers crossed or else I'll go passive route and sell off remaining amp.

The L 2000 is the passive version of the LV 1020, so that's the passive crossover to be searching for.

When searching ebay.de I'd be using "Braun LV 1020 Lautsprecher" as well as "Braun Verstärker".

Cheers,
James

Back
Top Bottom