Ohm Model F El Lay Craigslist

Says model A on the cabinet. Speaker cones are beat to death.

OTOH Model A is a real rarity. Those would be nice for someone who knows what they're doing.

Says model A on the cabinet. Speaker cones are beat to death.

OTOH Model A is a real rarity. Those would be nice for someone who knows what they're doing.
Yes, I noticed that.
The Ohm website mentions the earliest "F"s were labeled "A".
I'm not sure of any differences but there's mention of a smaller cone:dunno:

those are F's. These are A's. A's were bigger but less efficient.
upload_2017-11-7_21-0-12.jpeg A's From net ______________
01515_a3UCNK0B3zg_600x450.jpg
___from ad.

Saw those a while back, probably 14 days ago. ;)

The early Model F had Model A serial tags. Fs can be repaired, As can't...

Model As are larger (and much, much rarer) than the Fs. Bill LeGall at Millersound in Lansdale, PA has a restored pair of the As- only pair I've ever seen in person.

Last edited:
Those F's are too far gone - the one on the left especially. I enjoy my Millersound restored F's but I had cones that were in great shape.

That is what happens when someone overdrives without using subwoofer or subsonic rumble filter in line. Cones crush like beer cans. So sad.

I know the owner, and took a brief look at them before determining that they would be very expensive before they were usable.

If you know the owner tell them to unscrew the drivers from cabinets and sell cabinets on ebay. They are worth 300+ alone as HHR is always looking for bases to reveneer and sell for 10,000 with new drivers attached. Also each grill is worth 100+ ea. on ebay. Run a .99 auction for each driver separately as one is clearly in worse shape than the other.

If you know the owner tell them to unscrew the drivers from cabinets and sell cabinets on ebay. They are worth 300+ alone as HHR is always looking for bases to reveneer and sell for 10,000 with new drivers attached. Also each grill is worth 100+ ea. on ebay. Run a .99 auction for each driver separately as one is clearly in worse shape than the other.
I'll pass that suggestion on to him.

Back
Top Bottom