What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Beck's new album - Colors. Picked this up this weekend and just EAC'd it into FLAC. Playing it on Foobar through my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system. First listen, and I can tell I'll have it in rotation for a while.
folder.jpg

So... more first impressions. It's like Beck learned a new musical vocabulary when he made Morning Phase, and now he's expanding on that and growing his sound. It's like he doesn't have - or doesn't pay attention to - any limitations on his music anymore. Great stuff. Some of it reminds me of the way Todd Rundgren developed. Weird but wonderful...

Last edited:
Now onto Stills & Collins recent release - "Everybody Knows". Judy's voice is surprisingly good, Stills plays nicely and still knows how to harmonize. Their chemistry seems somewhat diluted now, as expected. Good selection of songs for this musical friendship. Nice album - a highlight for me is Leonard Cohen's "Everybody Knows".
folder.jpg

Picked this CD up recently.
I will giving it a listen on the way to and from work.

c23456f1989c47cc33aee96caa59db34.jpg
I found my copy at Goodwill and I could not believe how many of the songs I knew . Good stuff .

From Stills & Collins into David Crosby's new release - "Sky Trails". I had to check when I first loaded it up in the CD player - Did I put a Steely Dan album in there by mistake? Nope - it's the new sound of Croz, heavily influenced by his son James Raymond, who functions as co-writer and producer. Sweet sounding recordings, and I think David has regained some of the voice I feared he had lost. I had reservations about Croz doing a cover of Joni Mitchell's "Amelia". Could he do it justice? Well, it is David Crosby. Sometimes I think I could listen to him sing the listings from a phone book. I found his "Amelia" to be revealing.
folder.png

Back
Top Bottom