IDK video - The company that officially offers parts and service for vintage Sansuis

Ronito6

...and they make little to no profit doing it.

While taking another stab at locating an AU-X11 service manual I was lead to this video.

It was produced by NHK World and is used for English language education.
So it is a bit odd and not very polished in many ways.
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/greatgear/20170412.html#Page3

This company called IDK offers Sansui service and parts officially.
http://www.idkcorp.com/tokushukikijigyoubu/sansuicustomercenter.html

So if you need a knob, face plate, or a PCB (???) these guys might be the people to contact.
I just ordered documentation from them, a " circuit diagram / adjustment method of Sansui AU-X11".
It ain't a service manual, but schematics will do just fine.

They sell only hard copies and I should get it in the mail in about one week.

Last edited:
Quote from IDK's president Kohei Iizuka

To be honest, we don't make any profit - We're happy if we can cover labor costs.
The product themselves have value - but it's the sentimental value users give them that makes them priceless
I think this is what motivates us to continue this work.

Great words!

Last edited:
Quote from IDK's preident Kohei Iizuka

To be honest, we don't make any profit - We're happy if we can cover labor costs.
The product themselves have value - but it's the sentimental value users give them that makes them priceless
I think this is what motivates us to continue this work.

Great words!

That blew me away too.

Really? well IDK ( :biggrin: ) they should at least seek to make some profit?

IDK was in business before IDK meant IDK. IDK about you, but I think it’s unfortunate for IDK that IDK came to mean IDK. It can’t be good for business.

BUT...I do K that their fixing Sansu’As for break even pay, make the owners and president of IDK the world’s biggest,
fans of vintage A. (Phew);)
giphy.gif

God Blessem.

Interesting. I wonder if they would also be prepared to spread some love and knowledge on modern equivalent parts for old FETs, ie: like the subs that amp8 is using.

I do like this part of the (translated) webpage however, it does help clear up some uncertainties about vintage Sansui gear for me:

Repair period

The payrence twentality pay twality pay 0 0 pay 2.5
* Depends on the repair content, please understand that it may take 10 days or more if it takes time to procure parts etc.

Interesting. I wonder if they would also be prepared to spread some love and knowledge on modern equivalent parts for old FETs, ie: like the subs that amp8 is using.

Very doubtful. Professioal techs here tend to protect their secrets. It is how they make their living after all.

Your best shot would be asking an English speaking serious hobbyist on an EE or audio restoration blog or bulletin board.

I wonder if i can order some spare parts for my C 2301 , let's say the balance control. It is a multiple switch that connects resistors to operate and in my unit seems to only work at the two ends. Full left or full right . Doesn't do anything in the intermediate positions.

Did anyone try ordering some stuff? Everything is in Japanese how do you get around?
I think I am the first AKer to deal with them. I will be receiving schematics from them this week.

As I live in Japan dealing with them is easy.

Yet, as pretty much all other AKers do not live in Japan, I would suggest sending them an email message at
info@idkcorp.com

What are you needing? I can ask them for you. PM me if you prefer.

Ron

OK I will see if that's the right version.

From the pics of the 152a that he offers it looks good. It shows 2 guide paths for 2 rails.
Now the KSS-210a is the same pickup but only made for a single rail.

I’m suddenly curious if anyone has either modified or sourced the parts of a 210a to work in place of a 152.

Last edited:
There was an article that I found on the web regarding the mod but my tech couldn't do it. The KSS-210a is much cheaper and easier to find.

Just looked up their web site, 3240 yen for a diagnostic fee? If their repair rates are similar it is not hard to believe that they're just breaking even!

Back
Top Bottom