What was the last movie you watched?

The Zookeeper's Wife

Based upon a true story. WWII in Warsaw. Around the time prior to, during and after the establishment of the Warsaw Ghetto. How much is dramatic and how much is strictly factual, I am no expert. It was a good story. Recommended.

The DVD cover:

81AGxN68-fL._SY445_.jpg

Some photos of the actual Zookeeper's Wife:

The-Zookeepers-wife-630x540.png

My American Uncle (French: Mon oncle d'Amérique) is a 1980 French film directed by Alain Resnais. The film stars Gérard Depardieu, Nicole Garcia and Roger Pierre. Fascinating film exploring the analogies between Guinea Pigs and humans regarding behavioral psychology (perhaps too simplistic but very well treated by Resnais, as usual from such a rational director). I very much enjoyed watching it again after 30 years or so.

Mon_oncle_d%27Am%C3%A9rique_movie.jpg

The Zookeeper's Wife

Based upon a true story. WWII in Warsaw. Around the time prior to, during and after the establishment of the Warsaw Ghetto. How much is dramatic and how much is strictly factual, I am no expert. It was a good story. Recommended.

The DVD cover:

81AGxN68-fL._SY445_.jpg

Some photos of the actual Zookeeper's Wife:

The-Zookeepers-wife-630x540.png
I really enjoyed this film and made a point to see it in it's theatrical release. I will see it again someday. :)

The Iron Lady.

Whether you agree with her politics or not, what Margaret Thatcher did for the empowerment of women cannot be understated.

Good movie, very interesting to see how her rise to power came about.

The Fate of the Furious (FF8) - big goofy fun with Vin Diesel and the usual suspects, plus the Rock, Jason Statham, with Charlize Theron, Kurt Russell, Clint Eastwood's son, and a surprise bit by Helen M###en. This series is getting to be like a Bond franchise - great locations, beautiful women, fine looking men, and ... don't over think it ... its just a fun film.
Oh, and fast cars, of course, plus Russians, and a nuclear sub on the ice ...
I did some searching and Vin says they are hoping to go 10 films for this series.

Agreed about the movie. I wasn't expecting much because I figured they would spend all their time making excuses as to why Brian (Paul Walker, RIP) wasnt in each scene.

What they did instead was provide a bubblegum popcorn comic book hero villain smash fest which was very entertaining. Best of the series I reckon.

Barefoot in the Park (1967)

Not something I would normally seek out to watch, but there it was on Netflix so why not, Redford & Fonda in their prime.

Very much a Neil Simon/New York style, cramped apartments, quirky characters, odd relationships.

Overall I liked it, probably as much for the vintage background scenery as the plot itself.
:thumbsup:

Been on a kick lately .. I watched the Director's Edition of BladeRunner recently, and was reading a write up on the new Blade Runner 2049,
and they mentioned other films in the Blade Runner 'verse ... so I bought a bluRay last week, and I just finished watching "Soldier" -
With Kurt Russell as Todd, Sean Pertwee, Gary Busey and a cast of others ...

Actually enjoyed it, tho it did suffer from Charles Bronson syndrome - you know, do some unspeakable evil against innocents,
so the hero can go all terminator like on the bad guys ...Not bad for a $3 bluray!

Soldier.jpg

Back
Top Bottom