What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

116155379.jpg
the satanic jefferson airplane.......

Holy cow! We got some Parquet Courts fans here! The more I listen to Human Performance, the more I think I hear something political in some of the tunes, but I can't put my finger on it. And it's full of little guitar, keyboard, and percussion licks when you aren't expecting them. A really interesting album.

Btw Frank, just before Chris Squire died Yes played the Pier 6 concert venue in Balto. Keith L. My bizz associate and I were loading out a private gig about 500 feet from the stage at an adjoining hotel...I can assure you they lived up to the recordings. Our sonic experience that night was magic. Total fidelity, the band was really on and we heard all the hits at very loud but living room volume. Your love of the band is founded on real talent, and when they no longer tour it will be a sad thing.
As the highlight for me Steve Howe played the medley off the Yes Album ( Seen All Good People etc.) absolutely note for note and tone for tone....
Howe is a dedicated craftsman. Never stops honing his skills. That had to be great getting a free show like that for your packing up music.
Got to see them twice In The Round in 78/79 at the old Capital Centre in Landover, MD. Amazing performances. Every seat was a great seat as the carousel stage sat right in the middle of the arena.
1978-09-04-C44-07-Yes-New-Haven-Coliseum.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on call 24/7 until further notice. I choose to work 11on and 3 off so I can have every other weekend off. I have been unemployed so I know the anxiety that comes with it. And I'm not happy to be working either. And the hours this week, while not particularly long, have been brutal. Bed time the last two days was around 8pm. Got woke up at 3am today and just walked in the door. So bedtime today is very soon. And, while I'm wearing out like an old stylus, I'm not complaining. 3 years and I can get a job at Lowe's to suppliment my habits. Sawdust and vinyl!
Sawdust and Vinyl...my mantra. Used to be Denim and Leather, now it's Sawdust and Vinyl.

EDIT: Speaking of which, it's time to go lace up my steel toed sneakers! Catch y'all later. My new vinyl should arrive this afternoon!

My son-in-law was stationed at Guantanamo just before he went to Ft. Leavenworth, Ks. Tell yout brother there is great snorkeling and fishing in the bay.

Yea that's what he was told. :) Also close to Cuba so he may be able to get good deals on some smokes.

Now i know he will be all over the fishing, Daniel and his wife are stationed in Alaska, prior to him being deployed he would send me pictures of him fishing all the time. Nothing like CA that's for sure!

Kind Regards,
John

Back
Top Bottom