What was the last movie you watched?

Got our netflix bluray in the mails, so tonight we watched Wind River - good murder myster, great scenery, good acting.
plot details are really sad - life on the res is really bad for women.

It was great. I really enjoyed it.

1xtpl8.jpg

"Yentl" with Barbra Streisand and Mandy Patinkin. 2 1/2 stars. Neat premise but the musical aspect didn't work for me although I love her voice. The music and songwriting were not that great.

Watched the first half of The Dark Tower on a flight last week. Horrible interpretation of King’s books, a real mess, couldn’t watch the whole thing it was so bad!

Was hoping for a Peter Jackson like interpretation, unfotunately this movie isn’t on the same planet as the Lord of The Rings trilogy

The Postman
Costner starred and produced.
Cameo with Tom Petty as apparent mayor of Bridge City. I have to imagine sometime during the production there was a suggestion of calling it Century City.

Atomic Blonde

Lashings of style here. Fortunately countered by enough 'edge' to maintain tension and interest. Charlize out-Wonder Womaning that other character.

movieposter.jpg

My wife enjoys watching those Hallmark Christmas movies, they run them a lot this time of year. I was paying more attention to the computer than the TV, but I happened to look up, and noticed a familiar face. It was Summer Glau, from "Firefly" and "Serenity"....made me realize how much I miss some of the older shows.

Last two nights I watched the Tony Rome (Frank Sinatra) movies.

First one (Tony Rome) ... I liked ... sequel Lady In Cement was a real let down.

The Tony Rome theme song (1st movie) ... Nancy Sinatra sings ... written by Lee Hazlewood was a really nice touch. Soundtrack from sequel was forgettable & dated.

Last edited:
Watched Valerian the other night and for some reason it made me want to see Lawnmower Man ? So I watched that last night.

Wet Asphalt (1958 W.Gemany)

Interesting film about a big shot news editor who, in need of one more story for his Paris clients, makes up a sensational story based on a war story told to him by his Chauffeur.
Things get out of hand quickly.

Pretty good film though the title is a bit baffling since asphalt doesn't play much of a role and it's not really Noir, despite what the DVD artwork says.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MV5BNDY5NTkzMTA1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM0NTYzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
My Fair Lady (1964)
(Audrey Hepburn, Rex Harrison, Stanley Holloway)

A misogynistic and snobbish phonetics professor agrees to a wager that he can take a flower girl and make her presentable in high society. - IMDb

I remember in my younger days there was no way I would watch a musical, wouldn't even consider it.

Well, I must be getting old because I really enjoyed this. Absolutely great flick.

Love Audrey!

Back
Top Bottom