Vinyl only spin list

Bernie Taupin - s/t
(1971, Elektra)

38470698126_0bf0a58c2f_b.jpg

38470698436_ab7fcd1836_b.jpg

includes a 4 page insert with Taupin's poems which he narrates to music here.

The whole planet knows that "Jump" and "I'm So Excited" were the pop radio singles. "Automatic," on the other hand, was for the electro-R&B crowd - and that includes me. "Automatic" is my shit and gets at least five plays when this album comes up on my server. That slinky synth line... how can one not get "down, downn, down?" All of my defenses down... What is this madness? In this case, "madness" was an infectious dance floor packing single that received ridiculuos rotation - on the radio and in clubs. Thanks for keepin' it old school, likevinyl.

Your most welcome, KDAC! :thumbsup: Yeah, "Automatic" has that really deep bassline goin' on! I really like the early Pointer Sisters stuff too, it was old school Jazz, much different from their later stuff.

I saw this show with my wife at the newly christened "Allstate Arena" (forever known as "The Rosement Horizon") just outside Chicago's northwest city limit in October 1999. We were 19 rows back from the stage and it was loud as all f*cking get out. Vibrating earlobes and cartilage in one's nose, vibrating chest cavities, and shredded ear drums were the order for the night. Both of us were smart enough to wear earplugs and managed to have a blast. KoRn's performance, especially with Jonathan on the bagpipes, and Rammstein with the bass blasts made this quite the memorable concert performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom