Klipschorns! (Maybe?)

lattiboy

Hi all,

Against my better judgement I picked these up locally the other day. They sure LOOK like Horns (and are the same dimensions), but there are no tags and the crossover is decidedly non-Klipsch looking.

I bought them from the original owners wife, who said her husband paid $1000 a piece back in the late 60s / early 70s. He was apparently a Red Sox player.

Any help is appreciated.

NVmbLKy.jpg

Here’s an album of pictures:

https://m.imgur.com/a/MA0C3

The construction is definitely Khorn but that crossover looks like DIY, and not very good at that. The Khorn mids used the EV 1828 driver. What tweeter and woofer were used?
You scored pretty well if you paid less than the owner paid for them.

The construction is definitely Khorn but that crossover looks like DIY, and not very good at that. The Khorn mids used the EV 1828 driver. What tweeter and woofer were used?

Here’s a shot of the tweeter, they both have the same number:

mh09JfX.jpg

The woofer cabinet is a pretty well sealed with white epoxy as well as 14 screws, so I probably won’t be revealing that until later. My body is tired and broken from hauling these up a flight of stairs in an older ladies house....

Okay, pretty sure these are Speakerlab K Horns. They are very close to Klipschorns save the wood and crossover. Same components, just debranded.

I didn’t pay a ton, so I’m still happy. Just no a true SCROE(!)

Back
Top Bottom