Redboy's setup from the audio underground

I just want to say Thanks Redboy for introducing the TVC's to me, now I tell all my friends don't walk to them run for them!!!!!

And BTW, they are easy to compare to conventional controls. I Just turn what ever one is using all the way up which shorts the wiper arm to the signal path and plug the TVC after the source with its control turned down of course and you have your comparison. Then one can do all the A-B-A comparisons they want with out removing any cables. It shouldn't take much and they typically won't want to go back.

SET12

I just want to say Thanks Redboy for introducing the TVC's to me, now I tell all my friends don't walk to them run for them!!!!!

And BTW, they are easy to compare to conventional controls. I Just turn what ever one is using all the way up which shorts the wiper arm to the signal path and plug the TVC after the source with its control turned down of course and you have your comparison. Then one can do all the A-B-A comparisons they want with out removing any cables. It shouldn't take much and they typically won't want to go back.

SET12
I am glad to hear they are performing well in your system! They've certainly become a mainstay of mine. I can't imagine a scenario where I'd be willing to let them go!

Been awhile since I posted in this thread...

Quite honestly, not much has changed in the main system over the past two years. I still need to build a better phonostage, and there's a tube preamp in the works. I have several unfinished amplifier projects cluttering up the space, a bunch of turntables to refurb, and parts... lots of parts!

I have some plans and ideas for another set of horn speakers. The Feastrex are amazing, but there are days when I miss the effortless honesty of good horns.

Howdy, sir! Battles are always involved in seeking the correct audio setup(s)...particularly when the goal posts are regularly shifting :D

For example, got the first kid on the way, so the number of systems I have setup to find the correct sound is shrinking quickly! We'll touch base soon though...

0721007.jpg

Not only am I captivated by this particular system and room (very homey and cozy), but also see a happy kitty and lots of kitty "art" around the room. In other words, a man after my own hart!

Howdy, sir! Battles are always involved in seeking the correct audio setup(s)...particularly when the goal posts are regularly shifting :D

For example, got the first kid on the way, so the number of systems I have setup to find the correct sound is shrinking quickly! We'll touch base soon though...
Woo hoo! Congrats on the impending life change and hold on, 'cause it's gonna be a wild ride! That's awesome, man.

Not only am I captivated by this particular system and room (very homey and cozy), but also see a happy kitty and lots of kitty "art" around the room. In other words, a man after my own hart!
Thank you! Unfortunately, we had to put the last kitteh down a few months back, and we're currently sans felis... It's weird but a little liberating for the time being... no litter boxes to worry about, and no "presents" on the carpet. :-/

Anyone know why I can't see the Photobucket links?
'Cuz Photobucket now officially won't let you use their service without paying them (a lot) for it. So, you will see hundreds of such dead links as you search through older threads on this site and elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom