Help to choose in-ear headphones

djape48

I need help buying in ear headphones, I've used Denon AH-C452 for couple of years, and I was satisfied with them, but they stopped working. I can buy same for 35 euro, but I was also thinking about Denon AH-C120MA which are 69 euro and JBL Syncrhos S100A 78 euro (prices in my country). Do you know something about those models, your experiences, suggestions? Thanks

I'm not familiar with either of those.

The 1More Triple Drivers have been getting a lot of good press and I really like mine. They are $80-ish.

I didn't notice you are in a different country.

They are a bit of an upstart, but one with strong ties to Xiaomi and the audio side of Foxconn so there is quite a bit of experience and R&D going on in the design.

The Xiaomi Dual Driver Hybrid Pros are also pretty nice at a much lower price. Similar to the 1Mores, but a bit less complicated but also less refined. Still a fantastic value.

Having said that, I've had good luck with recent-ish Philips headphones/ear buds.

I've bought JBL Syncrhos S100A and I'm very happy with my choice. They came with Comply memory foam tips and I'm amazed with those things :)

I had a pair of those. Those really had a LOT of bottom end. Morph The Cat and Flight of The Cosmic Hippo were really fun!

:p

I had a pair of those. Those really had a LOT of bottom end. Morph The Cat and Flight of The Cosmic Hippo were really fun!

:p

Do they keep a reasonable amount of bass when moving around? I have a pair of Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 with Comply foam tips but they still constantly get loose if I'm working around the house with them. They sound great when fully sealed but get really thin in the bass if they are not perfectly sealed. I'm wondering if some IEM's with more pronounced bass would help if the user was moving around and didn't have a perfect seal.

Hrmm... I think with most IEMs, good fit is needed for good bass. In my experience.

I tend to use 'hook around the ears types when active. Not always the most comfortable or best sound, but fit and 'staying put ability' is more important for me in those instances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom