What Record Are You Hearing Now?

R-4203857-1358477345-6608.jpeg.jpg

never heard this one, first play for me

Bobby Watson - Love Remains.jpg

Bobby Watson - "Love Remains" 1986/Red

In the final edition of the Penguin guide, Morton and Cook called it "probably our favorite modern jazz album of all. It is absolutely reliable, delivering musical intelligence, fantastic group interplay, high emotion and an almost unearthly beauty."

s.

A record of discovery,
My neighbour lives in a converted Methodist chapel built circa 1866 which is quite modern by our standards,whenever I visit I am in the living quarters which is in the basement,he told me he had bought a turntable,Technics BL-20 if I remember correct, with an unused stylus as spare,£40, so he could listen to his old records,late 60s-early 70 rock and folk,he asked me to help him set it up using an early 80's Technics separates system he had.
This time we went "upstairs" to the main hall,my head fell off.Very tastefully decorated with stained glass windows,a stunning ceiling rose and a beautifully restored pulpit.
I did the initial set up but I forgot to fetch round a few sacrificial records for the first run,he offered one,Yes-Relayer in mint condition I baulked at that so he gave it me.
I have The Yes Album and Going For The One but I've avoided most Yes albums because of their noodling,blimey, Relayer is as mad as a bag of frogs,hugely enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom