Two Scott 310-B and Drift

rmp

I have two 310B's, both renovated by the same technicion. One is 3.5 lb heavier than the other; I think it is older. The heavy one's frequency drifts during warm-up; the other does not. Is there a fix for the drift? I understand that Scott did not use AFC.

Last edited:
May be tube related. If they use the same tube compliment. I would carefully swap front end tubes one at a time from the non-drifting one to the drifting one. To narrow down the culprit. Think the 6U8 would be the most likely culprit.

Next I'd try cleaning the front end variable cap as described in the sticky. If a compensation cap, getting right temp rating in the right size may be an issue.

When we added FM to our AM radio station, we used 310E's. One at a site a few miles from the transmitter and one at the studio about 12 miles away. Both drifted when first turned on even new. But after that they were never turned off, so no worries. My Mac tube tuners all drifted as did my SS MR-77 and the famous 78. Only the MR 80 was and is rock solid from turn on to turn off. OH! my 7084 doesn't drift either.

Back
Top Bottom