bb_bogdan

Dear All,

Very nice to meet you all and happy to discover so much info here.

I wish to build a vintage system from scratch and I was thinking of:
1. Pioneer Exclusive P3a - TT
2. Accuphase C-280 - Pre
3. Yamaha MX-10000 - Amp
4. Yamaha NS-2000 - speakers
5. Akai GX 747-DBX - R2R

As I have never had the chance to listen to them together, do you think they will work well together? Any suggestions, as I have read that matching them is an art...

Thx,
BB

Unless you`re living in Japan, that turntable is likely to cost you a bundle of money. If you have your heart set on that particular model, so be it, but there are many other nice, affordable Pioneer tables out there.
The phono cartridge and speakers will probably have the most impact on the overall sound.
Happy hunting , and be sure to post a few pics once you get things underway !

Unless you`re living in Japan, that turntable is likely to cost you a bundle of money. If you have your heart set on that particular model, so be it, but there are many other nice, affordable Pioneer tables out there.
The phono cartridge and speakers will probably have the most impact on the overall sound.
Happy hunting , and be sure to post a few pics once you get things underway !
Thx Maxx
I do live in Europe and therefore mission seems even more difficult as I want to spot 220/240V models for the equipments produced on that version as well (not only for the Japanese market). As for the turntable, indeed my heart is set on the Exclusive one.

Any suggestions on the cartridge?

Thx Maxx
I do live in Europe and therefore mission seems even more difficult as I want to spot 220/240V models for the equipments produced on that version as well (not only for the Japanese market). As for the turntable, indeed my heart is set on the Exclusive one.

Any suggestions on the cartridge?

Try looking at the Hong Kong auctions!

The probability of 220/240V increases. :thumbsup:

Dear All,

2. Accuphase C-280 - Pre
3. Yamaha MX-10000 - Amp
5. Akai GX 747-DBX - R2R

As I have never had the chance to listen to them together, do you think they will work well together? Any suggestions, as I have read that matching them is an art...

Thx,
BB
I've got an MX-10000 driving NS-2000's. I love the combination.

I've got an MX-10000 driving NS-2000's. I love the combination.

Thx Mark. Can't wait to have the system in place. It will take me at least 1 year based on my estimates.
Based on your experience any recommendations for the cables specs?

I'm using Oyaide DR-510 for interconnects, and DIY speaker cables using silver wire. Unless you can find NS-2000's locally I recommend getting them from HiFiDo. Their packing is stellar.

I'm using Oyaide DR-510 for interconnects, and DIY speaker cables using silver wire. Unless you can find NS-2000's locally I recommend getting them from HiFiDo. Their packing is stellar.

Mark, you feedback is much appreciated. Indeed HiFiDo is very reliable. thx again.

Dear All,

2. Accuphase C-280 - Pre
3. Yamaha MX-10000 - Amp
5. Akai GX 747-DBX - R2R

Thx,
BB
Wow that's quite a quest to embark on.Top o the line gear for sure.Hope you've got some serious coin set aside. Good luck and take pics.We will all be living vicariously through you.

Dear All,

2. Accuphase C-280 - Pre
3. Yamaha MX-10000 - Amp
5. Akai GX 747-DBX - R2R

Thx,
BB

Step by step... and here is the first piece... Accuphase C-280

Attachments

• IMG_20171203_1401052.jpg
    IMG_20171203_1401052.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_20171203_1400418.jpg
    IMG_20171203_1400418.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 187

Mark B is 100% correct. I also purchased NS-2000 in 2014 from Hifido, thier packing is best I have ever seen and they shipped my pair double boxed with an original NS-2000 carton! I also bought the Diatone DS-5000 from Hifido also, these speakers weigh 87kg each and we’re shipped in a wooden crate. P3a looks magnificent congratulations. Happy hunting.

Dear All,

I'm almost there. I just need o do some redesign for my living to put them in the right spotlight.
For sure I will post pictures in July with the entire system.

I do have one question though if you can help.
Wires for the speaker... do I need to buy 700 dollars type or even more expensive? Is this high price making really a difference? Or I can find alternatives at a more decent price....

Could you please make some recommendations?

THx a lot.

You're making spectacular progress on your system!

I'm using DIY speaker cables with my NS-2000's as the spring connectors are best suited for bare wire. I also have a pair of Oyaide Tunami II speaker cables that I really like.

You're making spectacular progress on your system!

I'm using DIY speaker cables with my NS-2000's as the spring connectors are best suited for bare wire. I also have a pair of Oyaide Tunami II speaker cables that I really like.

Thank you Mark. I'm really excited.
I was looking into Supra Sword cables. Not extremely high price but good reviews. Any thoughts on these?

Back
Top Bottom