Found - a piece of Made in France speaker wire

62vauxhall

Vecteur CV 30 but only one 16' length. Too bad it's mate was MIA. Solid core and what little I found online claims "true long crystal solid copper ". The outer jacket is printed with something to that effect but in French.

And the wire is directional.

I remember there was a bit of a craze in the late 80's/early '90's about solid core speaker wire but only knew for sure of one acquaintance (co-worker at an audio store) who tried it. House wiring from Home Depot if I recall. Don't remember him claiming newfound ecstasy afterward but he did say it sounded different.

Two 8' pieces are too short for runs to my main speakers and I've been using Kimber 4VR for a long time.

Pondering what, if anything I can do with 16' of this Vecteur.

Has anyone else used here used it and if so, was it very expensive?

IMG_3566.JPG IMG_3565.JPG

I wonder why it would be marked directional, since music signal is AC, and there is no shield to float on one end?

I wonder why it would be marked directional, since music signal is AC, and there is no shield to float on one end?
Because that's the direction the cybernetically-cooled plasma injector crystally transmogrified the quantum field that makes these wires produce pungently punchy bass, massively mellow midrange, and effortlessly effluent highs.

(Wait, did he say "effortlessly effluent"? Yes. Yes he did.)

Because that's the direction the cybernetically-cooled plasma injector crystally transmogrified the quantum field that makes these wires produce pungently punchy bass, massively mellow midrange, and effortlessly effluent highs.

I am prone to think this stuff was made 25 or 30 years ago. That pre-dates transmogrification does it not? Plasma injectors have been around for a while (I know this from watching Star Trek in the 1960's) but I don't think that technology was applied to metallurgy until much later.

Could be wrong though.

I am prone to think this stuff was made 25 or 30 years ago. That pre-dates transmogrification does it not? Plasma injectors have been around for a while (I know this from watching Star Trek in the 1960's) but I don't think that technology was applied to metallurgy until much later.

Could be wrong though.
Ah, that would have been the proto-transmogrification era, prior to the use of modern cryogenic Bose-Einstein condensate quantum tunnelling transmogrification.

Back in the 80's a Stereo magazine did a write up on Radio Shack's copper red hook up wire. The stuff they had on the big roll sold by the foot. It was supposed to be very pure copper and great for speaker wire. Our two local stores sold the heck out of it for awhile.

So Dave,are you saying that the highs are sonically comparable to the usual primary constituent of the aforementioned effluvium? As for the ''pungently punchy bass'', I tend to lean in that direction myself,but usually only after a really spicy curry.

Seriously though,I had once believed that a single conductor speaker cable would,from a technical perspective,maintain better signal integrity due to there being fewer paths of variable conductance and lower inductance.Every time I've tried it though,I just don't ''like'' the sound. Can't even begin to explain why either........

So Dave,are you saying that the highs are sonically comparable to the usual primary constituent of the aforementioned effluvium? As for the ''pungently punchy bass'', I tend to lean in that direction myself,but usually only after a really spicy curry.

Seriously though,I had once believed that a single conductor speaker cable would,from a technical perspective,maintain better signal integrity due to there being fewer paths of variable conductance and lower inductance.Every time I've tried it though,I just don't ''like'' the sound. Can't even begin to explain why either........
My thinking has always been stranded wire for speakers. More and easier paths for electron flow. :dunno::beatnik:

Well if you cut it and make it into two pieces all you have to do is flip it around for and both runs will run the right directions.

As far as it being audiophile well every car will usually get you from one point to the other, but some just drive better.

Well if you cut it and make it into two pieces all you have to do is flip it around for and both runs will run the right directions.

As far as it being audiophile well every car will usually get you from one point to the other, but some just drive better.
And most cars are directional as well.

And most cars are directional as well.

car-humor-joke-funny-two-way-double-car-135.jpg

Back
Top Bottom