ROTEL RSP-1068 run HOT?

gentlejax

does anyone recall if their rotel 1068 ran hot on them? I had one I sold that i never used long enough to notice but the seller says its hot. I have seen a few posts saying theirs ran hot but not any info to say if it was a problem or just the nature of the pre.

FWIW AV pre/pros and receivers typically run "hot" (relative to most 2-ch stuff). It's mainly a factor of 10 gallons of stuff in a 5 gallon bucket.

FWIW AV pre/pros and receivers typically run "hot" (relative to most 2-ch stuff). It's mainly a factor of 10 gallons of stuff in a 5 gallon bucket.

ive never actually touched any of the dozen preamps I have had. I understand a receiver or an amp but I also understand that good preamps have a power supply in them also. I am not sure this is a problem at all. still messaging back and forth.

ive never actually touched any of the dozen preamps I have had. I understand a receiver or an amp but I also understand that good preamps have a power supply in them also. I am not sure this is a problem at all. still messaging back and forth.

Never touched the gear in operation? That seems pretty strange...but if you say so.

All this stuff has a power supply in it, unless it's an external power supply.

Again, AV equipment typically does run hotter. There is a shitload of stuff going on inside; most all of it consumes power and because nothing is 100% efficient, some of that power just goes up in heat.

does anyone recall if their rotel 1068 ran hot on them? I had one I sold that i never used long enough to notice but the seller says its hot. I have seen a few posts saying theirs ran hot but not any info to say if it was a problem or just the nature of the pre.
I've owned an Enlightened Audio Designs Ovation pre for more than 15 years and it never runs hot. It can be on for the entire day and touching the top, you wouldn't even know it's on.

Yes, it runs hot. I had an Rotel 1068 before. It is highly recommended that not to put it in an closed or semi closed entertainment cabinet. An open audio equipment shelf is a must.

The Rotel 1068 is a wonderful sounding piece by today's standard and you can get it at very good price this day. I got rid of it because I wanted HDMI switching capability. I have been using a Emotiva UMC-1 which runs much cooler. I have an used Rotel 1570 on its way.

Yes, it runs hot. I had an Rotel 1068 before. It is highly recommended that not to put it in an closed or semi closed entertainment cabinet. An open audio equipment shelf is a must.

The Rotel 1068 is a wonderful sounding piece by today's standard and you can get it at very good price this day. I got rid of it because I wanted HDMI switching capability. I have been using a Emotiva UMC-1 which runs much cooler. I have an used Rotel 1570 on its way.

Do you recall if the display was adjustable for brightness ?

Back
Top Bottom