What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

if there was a word to categorize al , it would be innovation, great, disciplined. he is beyond the labels of neo classical, shredding, I dont categorize him. There is not a lot of distortion on his guitar helping him, its raw balls , years of practice , some players came into the public eye too soon into their learning process, trading it for fame, and there they were half assed, not Al................time / patience makes greatness.

Just dug out an amplifier that I bought a while back and stashed to clean up at a later date.

Seems the reason I thought it needed a lot of work was the crappy interconnect I used to test it. a bit of wiggling and all is well. It could use a bit of contact cleaner on the pots and switches, but I think it will be serviceable. Nice thing is the preout/main in terminals. I can use it as a preamp and get my phono, cassette deck and R2R back in the loop.

Using my iPhone as a source, now playing:

Karl Jenkins - Stabat Mater

(which comes VERY highly recommended to anyone who has recently discovered Jenkins.)

if there was a word to categorize al , it would be innovation, great, disciplined. he is beyond the labels of neo classical, shredding, I dont categorize him. There is not a lot of distortion on his guitar helping him, its raw balls , years of practice , some players came into the public eye too soon into their learning process, trading it for fame, and there they were half assed, not Al................time / patience makes greatness.
One of the best concerts I ever attended. In an interview he said he can’t play some of his own compositions if he misses practice for a week.

t72289240-gTwxa6xdcxp7hlm525rutmbsty44_s400.jpg

By the way, I have my Martin Logan Motion 15s connected to that amplifier, and I'm very impressed with the sound. The 15s are a two way bookshelf with MLs Folded Motion tweeter.

The amp is an NEC (Authentic Series) AUA 8000E.

IMG_9216.JPG

The big silver bastard behind it is the 300 wpc Bryston that usually feeds my electrostats.

70 degrees and sunny, mulching and bagging leaves with this cranked in the earbuds. Two beers in already: life is good.

A Top 5 Live Recording for me:

View attachment 1052296

Leaves? Haven't seen any for a while. Just noticed a flyer from a local kid advertising his snow clearance service. I'm tempted to take him up on it. 11 years old, and getting off his butt. Impressive.

Back
Top Bottom