What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

By the way, I have my Martin Logan Motion 15s connected to that amplifier, and I'm very impressed with the sound. The 15s are a two way bookshelf with MLs Folded Motion tweeter.

The amp is an NEC (Authentic Series) AUA 8000E.

View attachment 1052285

The big silver bastard behind it is the 300 wpc Bryston that usually feeds my electrostats.
I heard the Motion 15s in a Magnolia room. They are pretty amazing speakers. Clear and tight...wide and deep soundstage. I listened to some B&Ws after and they sounded constipated by comparison.

One of the best concerts I ever attended. In an interview he said he can’t play some of his own compositions if he misses practice for a week.
You saw him live , thats great, i am on a guitar kick today and miss playing, srry about this rant hahaa, i like bands that play things unpredictable, so that another musician would have a hard time to set in with them for a song. I think someone either knows the song or not, cant just jam on it, many stops /starts, key changes / long runs in unison. runs right past the average guy setting in. i choose songs like that on purpose when i played, nobody was setting in to "jam" on songs played like that , the way people wanted to hear them, . My favorite saying was when a guitar player would say to me " i play that song on guitar but do it my own way" their own way means they are too lazy to practice and learn it right, they shouldnt even be out torturing people. , and they should learn how to play the artist beautiful guitar written stuff, how they interpreted it to be. Not all people feel this way. but i do. and i am too old to change now, i hate jamming. jamming at 14 years old, still jamming at 60 years old. Unmemorable crap. to me. I used to Take 6 months to learn a incredibly complicated song, treated each section as if it was its own song, then the next step was walking around the house while playing it, then playing it with dim or no lighting, getting used to what t was going to be like to play it right live, ........................... instead of learning 40 songs in 3 weeks that i did not like doing. I have a local guy playing purple haze in the bar that knows none of the licks, what a terrible thing, to think that is ok, all about him , thinks hes playing hendrix lol. what a great song to learn right nice memorable licks happening at the right time.

Last edited:
I heard the Motion 15s in a Magnolia room. They are pretty amazing speakers. Clear and tight...wide and deep soundstage. I listened to some B&Ws after and they sounded constipated by comparison.

My 15s are sitting on top of a pair of Motion 40s and the floor is shaking. The sound level is more than adequate, and crystal clear. I'd say they are giving my Theos electrostats a run for their money. I'm tempted to use the NEC/ML15s as a separate analog system, and leave my Cambridge Audio DACMagic in place as a digital preamp, feeding the Bryston from the CD player and computers.

IMG_9217.JPG

There is a local acquaintance of mine; he started mowing lawns at that age, and long story short, he never stopped and now owns one of the biggest lawn maintenance/snow removal/contracting/roofing/plumbing/whatever-you-need-done companies in the region, has 100's of trucks and who knows how many employees? Big things can come from small packages...

Stewart Copeland version or pre/post?

OK, looks like we're actually ready for that ride...

GJ
Actually it' a digital file and I have absolutely no release info. An old friend (best man at my wedding) introduced me to this, Thin Lizzy, and The Strawbs all in the space of a couple days. Good times!

l%20bllsn%20dynmt.jpg~original
l%20bllsn%20dynmt%202.jpg~original

Louie Bellson / Dynamite
1980 Concord

No doubt the Steven Wilson remaster is great. I'm going through a bit of a digital rejection phase. Prefer that which was meant to be analog to remain analog. And that said this is the final album from last nights shipment. The cover and vinyl are in excellent condition, even had the lyric sheet and original heavily yellowed inner sleeve.

Jethro Tull ~ Aqualung
1971/1973 reissue Chrysalis Records CHR 1044
https://www.discogs.com/Jethro-Tull-Aqualung/master/38184

012.jpg

010.jpg

I understand. I typically prefer originals, but this is one album that begged for a redo. I have several copies and not one sounds really good. They sound thin, brittle and sonically challenged even on my vintage rig which usually adds some warmth and depth.

You saw him live , thats great, i am on a guitar kick today and miss playing, srry about this rant hahaa, i like bands that play things unpredictable, so that another musician would have a hard time to set in with them for a song. I think someone either knows the song or not, cant just jam on it, many stops /starts, key changes / long runs in unison. runs right past the average guy setting in. i choose songs like that on purpose when i played, nobody was setting in to "jam" on songs played like that , the way people wanted to hear them, . My favorite saying was when a guitar player would say to me " i play that song on guitar but do it my own way" their own way means they are too lazy to practice and learn it right, they shouldnt even be out torturing people. , and they should learn how to play the artist beautiful guitar written stuff, how they interpreted it to be. Not all people feel this way. but i do. and i am too old to change now, i hate jamming. jamming at 14 years old, still jamming at 60 years old. Unmemorable crap. to me. I used to Take 6 months to learn a incredibly complicated song, treated each section as if it was its own song, then the next step was walking around the house while playing it, then playing it with dim or no lighting, getting used to what t was going to be like to play it right live, ........................... instead of learning 40 songs in 3 weeks that i did not like doing. I have a local guy playing purple haze in the bar that knows none of the licks, what a terrible thing, to think that is ok, all about him , thinks hes playing hendrix lol. what a great song to learn right nice memorable licks happening at the right time.
There is something to someone taking a song and making it their own, however. I’ve heard performers that absolutely killed songs doing it their own way.

Thank you ! No I sometimes posted to "What are you listening to on what speakers" thread
I very muck like these threads, quite an opportunity to discover new albums to seek

France, eh. J'ai visité votre ville quand j'ai travaillé en France beaucoup de fois. Bienvenue, et je souhaite que vous restez ici. Pour nous, le musique est notre raison d'être. Pardon. Je parle le français du chauffeurs des camion.

Next up:

E Power Biggs - The Four Great Toccatas and Fugues played simultaneously on the four antiphonal organs of the cathedral of Freiburg. (Columbia vinyl M32933 - Stereo)

Back
Top Bottom