Today's INDIE Playlist

I wasn't gonna post this cuz to me it sounded obviously like an old rock star releasing new material and getting some honorific airplay. Then they played it again and I'm thinking it might be a nice example for the "Old Rock Stars / Cool" poll. A positive example. Then I find out it was somebody else (who does this sound like?) -

The Weather Station - Complicit

Last edited:
I wasn't gonna post this cuz to me it sounded obviously like an old rock star releasing new material and getting some honorific airplay. Then they played it again and I'm thinking it might be a nice example for the "Old Rock Stars / Cool" poll. A positive example. Then I find out it was somebody else (who does this sound like?) -

Chrissie Hynde - Yes, I'm a geezer. : )

Last edited:
Loop, Here's a band/artist that you posted here a while ago. I've played this one over and over.
THAT gets a lot of airplay too - and I was thinking of using it on the Velvet Underground thread as an example of "influence". I didn't know it was Chad. :thumbsup:

Older, less recent;)

Uh yeah, thanks Tubed. I just looked the word up. I do mean someone old enough to know who Chrissie Hynde is and not the literal meaning of the word.

I was talking to someone at work today about an album that I liked and he said that young people don't buy albums anymore - that they just buy individual songs. That made me feel a little dated but when I asked him which bands he liked (Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars) it all made sense.

Last edited:
Uh yeah, thanks Tubed. I just looked the word up. I do mean someone old enough to know who Chrissie Hynde is and not the literal meaning of the word.

I was talking to someone at work today who said that young people don't buy albums anymore - that they just buy individual songs. That made me feel a little dated but when I asked him which bands he liked (Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars) it all made since.
I'm noticing my cultural references at work are being met with blank stares. This new guy walked by and I told this other guy "Hey that guy looks like Morrissey". Another time this guy felt bad that I offered to kill one of my processes that was eating up some resources. I told him via email not to worry cuz the processing was Desparate But Not Serious. That got an email blank stare.

Adam Ant - Desperate But Not Serious

Pardon the OT - but I'm sure there's an Indie band or two somewhere influenced by Adam Ant.

Last edited:
I'm noticing my cultural references at work are being met with blank stares. This new guy walked by and I told this other guy "Hey that guy looks like Morrissey". Another time this guy felt bad that I offered to kill one of my processes that was eating up some resources. I told him via email not to worry cuz the processing was Desparate But Not Serious. That got an email blank stare.

Pardon the OT - but I'm sure there's an Indie band or two somewhere influenced by Adam Ant.

I wouldn't have gotten the "Desperate not Serious" reference. Morrisey yes!

However got a blank stare when quoting "hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way" when trying to fix a particularly gnarly packing machine at work.

Back
Top Bottom