Which is better?

specenka

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Looking at upgrading my receiver, want something with a few more watts. Right now I'm limited on space so I kind of have to keep an eye out for how big the unit is. I've narrowed it down to for now......Sony Str 6055 or a Pioneer SA 510 or 610. Advice/experience with these units would be much appreciated. Can get Sony for 150.00 in very good shape and the 610 comes with a tuner and price tag on that was 199.00.

Put me down for the Sony. They're very good sounding units and good build quality. The Pioneer is just okay imo.

Looking at upgrading my receiver, want something with a few more watts. Right now I'm limited on space so I kind of have to keep an eye out for how big the unit is. I've narrowed it down to for now......Sony Str 6055 or a Pioneer SA 510 or 610. Advice/experience with these units would be much appreciated. Can get Sony for 150.00 in very good shape and the 610 comes with a tuner and price tag on that was 199.00.

It depends on condition. If the Sony is in good shape, it is a classic and a very high quality piece. The Pioneer is a decent unit, still made before they started cheapening their products. I have a Sony STR 5800SD and I love it.....it is an ass kicker. I vote Sony

What are you moving up from?
If you’re primarily looking for more power I’d say doubling the output is usually the next step - 2x power equals 3db more SPL.

What are you moving up from?
If you’re primarily looking for more power I’d say doubling the output is usually the next step - 2x power equals 3db more SPL.
I'm using a little Pioneer SX 434 which in my opinion sounds just pretty darn good but it's only 15 watts.

I'm using a little Pioneer SX 434 which in my opinion sounds just pretty darn good but it's only 15 watts.

What speakers are you using? Going to the 40ish watts from the Sony or 610 will make a pretty decent difference.

I picked up a Sony STR 6065 a couple wks ago and am really impressed by it. Seems to be built really well, and sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom