JBL's & Old Gear

Anfranco

I'm in need of some real world values for a pile of Audio gear. Any input and evaluations would be greatly appreciated. This is NOT an Ad to sell but just a guy who's Mother passed Saturday (I was her Full time Caretaker), scrambling, trying to lighten his load asking for fair & reasonable values.

Pair of non-matching JBL 'Bel Aire' 42216 Bookshelves. 2 lefts working in very good condition w/ D216 drivers. 1 dome is dinged.

1 - JBL 'Aquarius' S-1 Sub woofer. Very good condition, working w/ an 8 OHM 108H driver. 10" x 10" x 32.5".

Pair of generic boxes w/ JBL LE8T drivers & JBL PR10 Passive radiators. 1 dome on LE8T is dinged.
Boxes are unfinished 12"w x 14"d x 25"h and are solid wood & quite heavy.

Pair of non-consecutive JBL D216's. Working in Very good condition w/ soft & flexible foam. Domes are perfect.

Single JBL D216 or 08. Working and in Very good condition. My meter is broke and it's badge had come off (somewhere in a nic-nac junk pile) Will check it soon.

Pyle PDSUB8A
Yamaha HTR 5830
Sony STR-D350Z
Sony STR-DE975
SonyCDP-C211

I have more than enough decent gear to live and don't want to be a Nomad dragging tons of un-needed possessions. . . .

Hi, not sure if it helps, but a lot of those JBL drivers can be searched by model number, I remember seeing many of those on ebay while browsing for JBL.
The Bel Aires are obviously valuable.
JBL Dxxx drivers usually worth money.
The aquarius S1 sell for very little moneys on ebay.
Generic boxes are usually impossible to sell, but you can always sell off the drivers.
The receivers / cd player really aren't worth much if anything, all older. Most of those components trade from free to $30 or so on local craigslist. Donate maybe to not deal with the hassle?

Thanks for affirming and any info is appreciated.
The Bel Arie’s are the prize and I would throw in the S1 just for the match of era.
I really want the JBL’s to go to a lover of this vintage & sound.
As for the rest, it dumpster fodder but I love old stuff and even have a 57” CRT projection I can’t give away and don’t have the heart to scrap it.
There’s always someone that needs to hear music that could use old gear rather than scrap it. I’ll try to move it forward as I have more than enough. . . .

Thanks for affirming and any info is appreciated.
First off my condolences, it's always very hard to loose a mother.

I don't know the prices of these pieces but I'd recommend subscribing here for $25 and do some selling in Barter Town. Drivers for speakers are easy to ship and bigger items you can say pickup only. There are lots of members here that build their own equipment and always looking for parts and projects.

Thank you. . . .
That is my intention just not finding any ‘real world’ evaluations for the JBL’s as mine are original & near perfect and all I see is rebuilt junk.
Drivers only is expected and no problem.

‘real world’ evaluations
Real world price on used stuff, is what you willing to take for it and what the buyer is willing to give for it. If you post in BT you will quickly see if your priced to high as you can see page view counts. If you have lots of views and no comments or emails your to high. You can also post your price and willing to take offers.

First of all, my condolences on the loss of your mother. Secondly I saw your ad on the local CL and the Bel Aires in particular look very nice, but you're mostly going to get flippers and bottom feeders responding on CL. 4-2-7 gave some great advice regarding barter town, and if all else fails put the stuff on Ebay. GLWS

Thank you for your kind words. . . .
Agreed. I’ll scribe up, put it out there and see what sticks to the wall.
Again, I’m looking for Audiophiles to get the good stuff as eBay & CL are exactly who you described tho I may try eBay be grudgingly. . . .

Thank you for your kind words. . . .
Agreed. I’ll scribe up, put it out there and see what sticks to the wall.
Again, I’m looking for Audiophiles to get the good stuff as eBay & CL are exactly who you described tho I may try eBay be grudgingly. . . .
Some stuff sells for stupid money on Ebay. Just remember, there's CL prices, Barter Town prices, and Ebay prices. Barter Town is usually the most realistic on average, but generally it comes down to how much someone wants what you're selling. My general observation is that the local market is full of the kind of buyers I mentioned. The Kenwood L -09ms I just bought were listed for a pretty long time before I bought them, and they were listed fairly cheap. I snatched them up as soon as I had the cash.

Back
Top Bottom