Anyone Lost or Forgotten Equipment They Have?

Yep, just found a nice Philips CD burner deck up in the attic the other day. Don't remember buying it or putting it up there but dang if it doesn't work perfectly, even has the remote. Sure hope I got a good deal on it! :deal:

Best dumbass moment ever? Here ya go:A while back I found a motorcycle in my garage (1974 Norton Commando,I collect and restore old Brits) tucked behind a stack of plywood.At the time,I couldn't for the life of me remember buying this or even when or where I got it.

Hey Arts, I was wondering when you were gonna get started on my old snorton Norton. I guess I should have never said that I was in no hurry.

Back in H.S. I worked part time at the local Norton dealer, I used to drool over those bikes. 1973-1974 was the time frame that I was there. My first street bike was a 1971 BSA Gold Star 250.

BillWojo

I have a Nakamichi 480 cassette deck upstairs in the attic. I'd guess it's not the only thing in the box. I probably should go look... someday.

I have a Nakamichi 480 cassette deck upstairs in the attic. I'd guess it's not the only thing in the box. I probably should go look... someday.

You've nailed it J; I do believe that the ''someday'' part of the equation is at the root of our issue........

If,on the other hand,you go digging around (just a little bit at a time mind,don't get greedy!) occasionally,you get to enjoy many ''mini-Christmases'' as time goes on:rflmao:

I forgot that I had a nice little Sansui AU-555 stored away in the basement. I just recently found it when I was looking for something else

A while back I found a motorcycle in my garage (1974 Norton Commando,I collect and restore old Brits) tucked behind a stack of plywood.At the time,I couldn't for the life of me remember buying this or even when or where I got it.
Sorry, yeah, that's mine. I left it there. I'll, uh, be needing it back now.

This happens to me more often than I care to admit.I often stumble across cool stuff that has either been stored away or just gone walkabout over the years.

Best dumbass moment ever? Here ya go:A while back I found a motorcycle in my garage (1974 Norton Commando,I collect and restore old Brits) tucked behind a stack of plywood.At the time,I couldn't for the life of me remember buying this or even when or where I got it.

When you can lose and completely forget about an entire motorcycle,you gotta wonder about your faculties:rolleyes:

Ha, thanks for this. I just remembered that I parked my '73 Bonneville in my dads second garage...15 years ago. I need to see how that bikes doing in there next time I visit. I'm guessing some gummed up carbs are in my future.

Actually, now that I think about it my Pioneer A40 and B&O S75 speakers are in there too. Gold mine.

We'll be moving, in the near future, from the home in which we've lived for over 35-years. I'm sure we'll find lots of stuff we've forgotten about!

When we moved in to this house we had one pair of JBLs, one Soundcraftsmen pre-EQ, one Mac pre-amp, one Crown amp, a tuner, a Nakamichi 550, and one turntable. And we still own all of that!

We've added over a dozen pair of JBLs, several other speakers, probably twenty Crown, Adcom, Carver, JBL-Urei, and Soundcraftsmen amps, seven or more pre-amps, an untold number of CD players, DACs, and a Nakamichi Dragon. It's going to be a fun move!

No telling what other stuff we'll find! :thumbsup:

Collectors are generally hoarders with better organization. Clearly I trended towards the latter somewhere along the way. Recently I loaded ~1/2 my garage into a storage pod for our current remodeling project. I thought I had a handle on what I had but found multiple high-$$$ items I had no idea where or when they came from. Aaargh!

I swear I had a Denon 103D around here somewhere.

It’s been missing for 20 years, probably I should just give up on it.

I recently came across some late 50s 60s alnico speaker drivers tucked away in the garage. I pulled these from consoles about ten years ago.Nothing special,Jensen type stuff but very nice sounding as I recall.Its the 15 inch woofers that I love so much.One day I'll get to them.

Sometime ago after my father passed away we were cleaning his room out and in his closet was my Pioneer PD-65 Elite. I had 2 of them and was using #1. so I never gave #2 a thought. They are both still working perfectly.

...r1

Not a bad problem to have:idea:

More of a "problem" than you might think--if you go there, be careful. I have a primary residence, a secondary residence and a hunting/fishing cabin--all of which are 100 miles apart--and a 6 unit rental property--100 miles from my primary residence. There is a lot of "juggling" involved--more than you would think. It sounds better and looks better on paper than it actually might be--I'm OK and planning on my "retirement" or at least slow down on keeping beating myself up at the end of this year--I don't know if I can ever quit working until they put me in a little box and cover me up with dirt and rocks--I'd die of boredom. Be careful of what you wish for--you just might get it...

Back
Top Bottom