Alternative to to Win Media Player for streaming to Teac NP-H750 network/dac amp

John Weston

Hi all, hope this is the right place to post this - I'm a newbie. I have my Teac NP-H750 connected to my vintage Lux 507x driving my Tannoy speakers and find this is a great combination. The Teac has proved excellent for receiving audio files from my remote PC via wifi, but I was unhappy with having to use the Win Media Player as per the Teac setup instructions. I spent a lot of time looking for an alternative but found no advice. I can only guess that the Teac NP-H750 did not sell very well. This is surprising since it was reasonably priced when I bought mine (in the UK) and has great features. It is a fine amplifier - I have it connected to the Lux so that I can use the Lux's facility for two sets of speakers, played together or independently.

After a lot of research I found MusicBee . This calls itself "The Ultimate Music Manager and Player". After installation it checked my PC for music and opened up to a nice interface with lots of options. I quickly found that to enable streaming to my Teac I would need to download the UPnP-DLNA Plugin for MusicBee. I did this and installed it to the plugin folder. That was all it took - there was no need to fiddle about with loads of settings. After a re-boot of MusicBee I changed rooms and used the Teac remote to look for sources. MusicBee appeared and as I write my system is happily playing an old Chick Corea album.

Hoping this will help Teac NP-H750 owners - and all those looking for a very nice PC music player and manager (it's free!).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom