st-70 little boomy with room mics

sleestack808

Ive noticed a boomy sound when people are talking in a room. Can I EQ this out? I was thinking of getting the Klark Teknik EQP-KT. It varies to no problems to really boomy. Depends on the source. Naturally

Evict the people that are talking.

sounds like room problems, I'd be looking at some means to absorb reflections.

thought of that too. My walls have no studs. Pure brick behind some plaster. Hammering sound proofing is difficult. I could do spray adhesive, but Im not sure those little pads do much and they are always black. I don't want a black room.

Id have to get a pro because this house is stange. No studs. I wouldnt be surprised if there weren't any in the ceiling. Other wise I would end up with holes everywhere.. Im open to spray adhesive. Just not that black half inch foam crap

Bed is against the wall so no bookcase. Not enough books either :)

may be able to get away with some bass traps in the corners or other non-attached methods. It also doesn't have to be that fugly egg crate stuff. I've seen things made with cloth covers that looked more or less like a big picture frame.

a few ideas

http://acousticsfreq.com/how-to-build-your-own-acoustic-panels/

the exterior walls on my house also have no studs. Concrete block structure, rocklathe (basically sheetrock) with plaster over it. Somewhere in there are thin nailing strips that the rocklathe attaches to but its not a proper stud, and I don't know that they are on any regular interval. All the interior walls are studs though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom