It has been awhile

BadassBob

Digitally rendered
Howdy everybody, both old and new alike. I've been away for a bit, just sort of fell out of love with the hobby a few years, took on a few other hobbies, and just the other day, fell back in love with hifi all over again. You see, a friend of mine asked if my Electro Voice 12TRXBs were for sale, as he has been pining over them since he heard mine, and I told him I'd have to think about it. So, fast forward a few days, I decided to awaken them from their 3 year slumber to check if they worked. I was fully prepared to sell them to my friend assuming they worked. So with the help of my brother, we carried them from the basement to my living room and hooked them to my NAD C350 and let a number of tracks rip. We sat there for nearly three hours playing a little bit of everything, and during that time, my brother was mouthing something to me. I hesitantly turned the volume down, and he says "Are you sure you want to sell these?" My first words were "Hell no!", and now they have found a new home in my living room, where I intend on keeping them. It sure is something how being away, you don't realize what you've been missing until you experience it again. I'm back, missed you all and this hobby,

Welcome back, bob! This place will always give you a pickup when you need it! :thumbsup:

Rome

As with all hobbies and interests there is a certain amount of wax and wane to be expected. Welcome back from the dark place and into the light.

Wow. It's kismet. Your thread title matches one my favorite songs and last night I came across it on YouTube. "It's been a while" by Staind.

...r1

Nice to see you back. So, what tunes did use to shake the dust off those speakers (and your ears, too)? Care to share what other interests you explored?

welcome back but audio's a lifestyle around here. Most peeps have television.

Back
Top Bottom