Shipping Albums Properly

jbjsr

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I just made my first BT Media sell and need some help. I've shipped many pieces of equipment. However, I'm a novice at mailing albums safely and in a cost effective manner. Is there a post available that goes into boxes, packing, shipping method, etc. Example, does USPS provide or sell a Media Flat Rate boxes, etc? Thank you...

Mine doesn't. Either use the box if you've ever ordered an album, buy some from Amazon, or construct one from cardboard. Most ship album in outer plastic sleeve with sleeved LP outside the album cover to prevent ring wear. Tell USPS media mail which for a single album should be $2.97 (est.).

Make sure to pull the record from the outer cover to prevent split seams during transit. Leave the LP in its generic inner sleeve, and place it behind the outer cover, preferably inside of a poly outer sleeve, housing both. If there is a printed inner sleeve, remove the record from that, and put it in a new generic, or spare used, inner sleeve. When you close up the record mailer, make sure there is a cardboard filler pad to help ensure that the recipient doesn't slice into the album cover when opening the package.

Back
Top Bottom