What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

rattle_that_lock_cover.jpg

Listening to my new Yamaha A-S301 integrated amp. The sound is amazing for the price! :music: I don't miss my vintage NAD 3140 integrated amp that I was using before. It started giving me problems with fuzzy distortion that comes and goes in the right channel. So, I thought I'd buy this new Yamaha integrated amp from all the high rated reviews it's getting (mostly 5 stars!). I can't believe how quiet the sound stage is! Absoulutely no distortion! Way cleaner sound than the NAD! I love the variable "Loudness" control. You can control the midrange and high frequencies at any volume level. Which means, bright sounding CDs are a thing of the past!! I have a new respect for CDs now! Plus, I bought a digital coaxial cable for my Pioneer recorder/player. CDs are sounding way better through the Yamaha than the NAD! A cool feature about the Yamaha, when you use the remote's volume, you can see the volume knob on the amp turn automatically. Has a "Pure Direct" feature that when pressed, bypasses all the tone controls and the amp's buffer stage giving you the purest sound. It's lighter on the bass but it seems to be a bit more intimate sounding. The sub-woofer output is another bonus feature. So glad I bought the Yamaha!! It's on sale on Amazon for $100 off! That was the icing on the cake for me! I really wanted "Silver" but you have to move up to the A-S501, which is out of my price range. Can't have everything I guess. ;)

WestCoastHiFi_Yamaha_AS300_1.jpg
Great review! I just bought a 501, got it last week. I'm still "breaking it in". I have to agree with everything you say. I haven't played very many CDs through it yet but plenty of vinyl. So far I'm really digging it. Good tight bottom. Pleasing mids and defined highs. I put a little stripe of white tape on the volume control. btw, your pic S300 ;)

tape.jpg

Great review! I just bought a 501, got it last week. I'm still "breaking it in". I have to agree with everything you say. I haven't played very many CDs through it yet but plenty of vinyl. So far I'm really digging it. Good tight bottom. Pleasing mids and defined highs. I put a little stripe of white tape on the volume control. btw, your pic S300 ;)

View attachment 1065442

Way-To-Go, Mr. C.! :thumbsup: Yes, that's a really good idea with the white strip on the volume control! :thumbsup: You would think Yamaha would have thought of that. ;) You'll enjoy CDs much more when you use the "Loudness" control to tame them down. I mostly play records but will be playing more CDs in the future. I used a photo off of Google images for the A-S301 photo. Yes, still breaking mine in too. Albums that I've heard many times before sound new to me now. This amp is amazing!

I guess you can say that you & Musicfan#51 and I, are the "Three Musketeers" with owning a Yammie A-S series! :thumbsup:

Do you use the "Pure Direct"?

Way-To-Go, Mr. C.! :thumbsup: Yes, that's a really good idea with the white strip on the volume control! :thumbsup: You would think Yamaha would have thought of that. ;) You'll enjoy CDs much more when you use the "Loudness" control to tame them down. I mostly play records but will be playing more CDs in the future. I used a photo off of Google images for the A-S301 photo. Yes, still breaking mine in too. Albums that I've heard many times before sound new to me now. This amp is amazing!

I guess you can say that you & Musicfan#51 and I, are the "Three Musketeers" with owning a Yammie A-S series! :thumbsup:

Do you use the "Pure Direct"?

I have a ton of cd's. I've never had to employ any device to 'tame' them. But, all of us have different ears.:)

Great work, Xray! :thumbsup: So far, my Advent Baby II woofer surrounds are in excellent shape!

Thanks Ilikevinyl. I used to have Advent Baby too. Great little speaker. Really regret selling my Original Advent Large and Advent Smaller. Last Advent I had before these Advent/1 were the 2002 which I passed onto to a co-worker. I have a soft spot for Advent. Owned 7 different models from them.

Listening to my new Yamaha A-S301 integrated amp. The sound is amazing for the price! :music: I don't miss my vintage NAD 3140 integrated amp that I was using before. It started giving me problems with fuzzy distortion that comes and goes in the right channel. So, I thought I'd buy this new Yamaha integrated amp from all the high rated reviews it's getting (mostly 5 stars!). I can't believe how quiet the sound stage is! Absoulutely no distortion! Way cleaner sound than the NAD! I love the variable "Loudness" control. You can control the midrange and high frequencies at any volume level. Which means, bright sounding CDs are a thing of the past!! I have a new respect for CDs now! Plus, I bought a digital coaxial cable for my Pioneer recorder/player. CDs are sounding way better through the Yamaha than the NAD! A cool feature about the Yamaha, when you use the remote's volume, you can see the volume knob on the amp turn automatically. Has a "Pure Direct" feature that when pressed, bypasses all the tone controls and the amp's buffer stage giving you the purest sound. It's lighter on the bass but it seems to be a bit more intimate sounding. The sub-woofer output is another bonus feature. So glad I bought the Yamaha!! It's on sale on Amazon for $100 off! That was the icing on the cake for me! I really wanted "Silver" but you have to move up to the A-S501, which is out of my price range. Can't have everything I guess. ;)

WestCoastHiFi_Yamaha_AS300_1.jpg
Nice!

Back
Top Bottom