What was the last movie you watched?

"Fallen" (1997) Stars Denzel Washington and John Goodman as Philadelphia Homicide detectives who get involved in an unusual case which has overtones of the supernatural....a very evil vibe gets passed from person to person simply through touch. Elias Koteas as a serial killer who may have a copycat following in his footsteps. Donald Sutherland and James Gandolfini have cameos.
A bit far-fetched and contrived, but with a unique twist at the end....

Thursday evening, was one of my all time favorite movies : BR DVD1983 "The Right Stuff".
Around 3 hours long, but didn`t seem so.. Also watched the nearly as long special features DVD that came with it, and very interesting and enjoyable
No CGI in 1983 !! All practical effects, and a pretty damn fine job too, if I might say so..
I was totally into to the whole space program as a child growing up in the late fifties and sixties..

Friday night`s BR DVD selection was an interesting 2011 movie called: "Age of Heroes" with Sean Bean & Danny Dyer as the principle actors..
I have had this movie in my collection for some time, but don`t recall watching it before.

I thought it was a good WWII movie about the certain group`s of British commandos trained and tasked with going behind enemy lines to capture the German`s RDF technology to copy, and or to help learn how to counter it by the Allies..

Watched the special features as well..
Pretty interesting too, and I liked it..

Regards, OKB

Watched this (Running Target) last night on the DVR ... really unusual script for a 1956 movie. I can imagine folks in a
movie theater or Drive In (56 or 57) ... stop eating their :lurk: ... looking at each other and thinking :wtf: ... :rflmao:
You have to watch the whole movie and especially the ending in the context of the entire film to understand my point.

Seemed more like something that came out of the late 1960's or early 70's.

Last edited:
Saturday night`s BR DVD B-I-L`s selection from my BR DVD media collection(pretty much a given, every Saturday night, as I don`t fire up the big living room`s HT system unless I have company..) was the movie 2014 "Pompeii"..

I thought the movie was well done and good entertainment, as well as the special features which I just finished watching..

I remember reading many years ago in National Geographic when they unearthed Pompeii and seeing those disturbing pictures of the poor people`s remains caught in the volcanic eruption frozen in place/time..

Last edited:
"Edge Of Darkness" (2010) Mel Gibson is Boston PD Detective Tom Craven. When his 20-something daughter Emma comes to visit, she is shot to death on his front porch. Thinking that he is the intended victim, Tom soon learns of Emma`s secret life as an activist, about to expose the large corporation that employs her. A suspenseful drama that seems very familiar to me....I see bits and pieces of "China Syndrome", "The Firm", and "Shooter" all rolled up into one plot.

Styx Return to Paradise

First time I watched this. Great show, really enjoyed it. Todd Sucherman could have held back a bit, playing was a little overboard for Styx.

v1.bTsxMTE3NTkzODtqOzE3NjM0OzEyMDA7Mjg0OzQwNQ

Tonight`s viewing selection : Bruce Brown`s : DVD "On Any Sunday" (the original 1971 release version)

I was big time into surfing and motocross/dirt bike/street motorcycle riding in the early seventies, and before I crawled into learning electronics, and thoroughly loved and enjoyed both of these documentary films("Endless Summer" & "On Any Sunday") back at that time period, as well as re-watching them every few years currently.. :thumbsup:

Though now, that because I`m left side partially paralyzed(Hemi-Paresis), and can no longer participate in these fun sports anymore, watching them does bring back the multitude of fond memories of the times when I did & could.. ;)

Very enjoyable timeless viewing, if one can relate to these sports.. IMHO.

Kind regards, OKB

"Edge Of Darkness" (2010) Mel Gibson is Boston PD Detective Tom Craven. When his 20-something daughter Emma comes to visit, she is shot to death on his front porch. Thinking that he is the intended victim, Tom soon learns of Emma`s secret life as an activist, about to expose the large corporation that employs her. A suspenseful drama that seems very familiar to me....I see bits and pieces of "China Syndrome", "The Firm", and "Shooter" all rolled up into one plot.

I have that BR DVD and like that movie very much FWIW...

Inside Out - Pixar/Disney release from 2015 -
Minnesota hockey girl suffers when her parents move to San Francisco,
but the real story is the stuff on the inside!

"Slap Shot" (1977) Paul Newman as a hockey coach with rather "flexible" standards, and his team is pretty much a bar brawl on skates (the Hanson brothers ROCK !) Some hilarious stuff here, you don`t have to be a hockey fan to enjoy this one.

Back
Top Bottom