Recommendations for a Decent CD Player

soursam

Hey all, was wondering what would be a good recommendation for a CD player to pair with my Rogue Audio Sphinx amp and Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers?

Will likely upgrade speakers at some point in the future...thinking something from philharmonic audio.

Would be nice to keep sub $500, but, willing to up the budget if its really worth it.

Below is a pic of my current set-up:

38384908344_34ffbe9f6e_c.jpg

Nah, had to put the TV on my cabinet since the place i am renting is super small; would love a dedicated listening room. I would not do a home theater.

Bang for the buck, Emotiva. Built like a tank and sound extremely good. Some limitations, but I owned one for over 3 years and was very happy. Only sold it to get my Oppo 105D, that would do everything.

+3 on the Emotiva. I've had an ERC3 for a few years now and it's solidly built good performing unit. Even the remote is heavy duty. It's metal and heavy enough that one could use it as a weapon

Last 15 years I have used Marantz. CD-17 ki sig for 14 + years and now a SA-14S1 SE. I love the way they sound and definitely feel like a premium brand. Pick a shortlist on paper and then try them on demo. :thumbsup:

Oppo all day. Sounds great, plays every format. Unless you want different optical disc players stacked up.

SACD rules, get something capable, you won’t regret it.

Hey all, was wondering what would be a good recommendation for a CD player to pair with my Rogue Audio Sphinx amp and Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 speakers?

Will likely upgrade speakers at some point in the future...thinking something from philharmonic audio.

Would be nice to keep sub $500, but, willing to up the budget if its really worth it.

Below is a pic of my current set-up:

38384908344_34ffbe9f6e_c.jpg
If also considering used, the ES players from Sony can be had for pennies on the dollar. Players with an original MSRP of $1000 can be found for $80.

My current players, one for just playing with no hassle, the other for more dedicated listening. I like the vintage silver look, but these are also available in black.

x158DVPX777-f.jpeg x158dvp999s-f_LD.jpeg

Welcome here Soursam,

Teac CD-P650 - Great sounding player, good DAC, and has a USB slot on the front for attaching an iPhone or other such item (allowing you to use the CDPs dac instead of the phone's).

Think these were something like $500 at launch.

https://www.amazon.com/CD-P650-B-Co...8&qid=1515710074&sr=8-2&keywords=teac+cd-p650

Sounds great and does not drag down the Jolida JD-302brc and Monitor Audio Silver 6 it is paired with in any way, shape, or form.

Save your cash and put them in your speaker fund. The $350 and what you can get for your Wharfies might get you into a used set of Monitor Audio Silver 2 (recently discontinued) or SIlver RX2. I have a set of DIamond 10.6 in my second system, and the MA's do everything the Wharfedales do, just even better.

Back
Top Bottom