Here is my latest fixer-upper. 2252 needs work....

Aaron99

Was looking for a model I have not worked on with power rating between the 2245 and the 2275. Found this gem on the bay cheap.....

Not sure how it got damaged like it did.....

Will post in the future when I get some time to work on it. Probably a few months out....

Its going to take that long or more for the stale cigar smell to air out..... :(

IMG_20171214_173221.jpg IMG_20171214_173212.jpg IMG_20171214_173233.jpg

ouch! I've had a few from ebay that were also damaged ,people need to learn how to pack these receivers, I always ask for the corners to have extra padding if possible and double boxed.I had a 2215B with a pretty bad bent corner but yours looks like it went through hell! wow, hope it works after the beating it took, is the power cord cut in the last photo? or is that the antenna.

I purchased it in this condition. The auction listed all the issues, so I went in knowing it was this way..... Worse case, I can part it out and break even.....

Yes, power cord is cut, antenna is broken as well.

Even at a great price I would’ve walked away from that mess. Good on you for saving it.

I wonder how someone managed to bend the faceplate like that ...

A crowbar?
I know, right?
The good news is the clear plastic is not cracked. Only the black bezel had cracks. Not sure how they managed that.

Someone must have been trying to get into it to change the lights and didn't see the screws. :)

No, this happened many many years ago. We took my wife’s cousin’s Chevy Blazer on a ski trip to Colorado and he drove the Vette. The street was curved and wet and he did a 180 and backed into a telephone pole at about 50 mph. He was lucky to get out with some facial laceration. I got another Corvette - kind of a life long thing with me. :D

Back
Top Bottom